Issues with new build.

On 8/31/2017 at 5:02 PM, kenthom said:

P3Dv4, Windows 7   i7-4790K @4 GHz  8GB 64 Bit SP1   GEForce GTX 1080ti

First flight from KMSP to KMDW.   First observation;  Frames rates were good but I had stuttering.  FPS at FL300 jumped from 21 to 115.  They are as erratic at other flight levels.  I tried different settings but no changes observed in the stuttering.  My return flight was with NGX with no stutters.

Second flight I still had the mini-stutters.  Start up and flight went well until decent and nearing final.  I was using VS for decent.  I had throttle pulled back to near idle.  Then the throttle began accelerating on its own.  I would pull it back and a short time later it would accelerate.  That continued to landing.  I was unable to get it to stop.  Exited and restarted computer.

Third flight from KSAN to KLAX.   From cold and dark I began startup and programming of FMS.  During pushback I began the start up procedure.   I hit the fuel cutoff switch and then used my mouse to move engine #2 throttle to idle.  However, it moved down and shut off.  That continued for several attempts and did the same with engine #2.

I then did an uninstall and reinstalled the plane.  No anti-virus was on and administrative rights for install.

Attempted the same flight from KSAN to KLAX.  All worked well and takeoff was accomplished.  I departed RW 9 to the south on the flight path with NAV activated.   However the plane flew straight through the first waypoint.  I used heading adjustment to get back on course.  It was a short flight.  Stuttering became very bad as I flew over LA to decent into RW 25 right.

I next flew the TFDI 717 out of LA to KSFO.   No issues with frame rates or stuttering.

So far my experience has been that the new fix created problems I never had before.    I will continue to fly and observe.  I cannot find anything wrong with my settings since two other planes seem to be stable.  

Thanks for the report.

Have you performed the graphics troubleshooting we've provided in other (similar) threads?

Best wishes.

I'm back after resolving the throttle issue last Thursday, as I've become completely frustrated unsuccessfully attempting an IFR approach at various airports, but most recently the KPHX Rwy 26 approach.  I've read the manuals reasonably thoroughly, tried the tutorial, watched a few CRJ landing demonstrations on YouTube, thought about it, etc., but after multiple attempts I don't know what else to try. Perhaps those having good results will jump in with suggestions, or maybe point me to posts that have proved helpful; either that or confirm what appears to me to be an issue with the CRJ.

Flying downwind (on FMS1 with vectors selected as next waypoint) I set the NAV1 radio to the ILS frequency 111.75 and Course selector to the LOC bearing 258 degrees (both left and right sides). I've descended to the IAF altitude (4000 ft at JAGAL) and slowed to about 160 knots. After making the base turn and just prior to initiating an approx 30 degree intercept with the approach path I changed the nav source to NAV/LOC1. Somehow while I'm trying to manage getting all done the plane's speed drops to around 100 knots and stalls; whilst the autopilot commands full nose down. Even after killing the autopilot (though APR mode remains locked), by then the stall might be recovering but I cannot command a recovery attitude using manual flight controls.

Now either there is a problem with the v 1.0.1 autopilot (I recall seeing issues of this nature in other posts) or I must be overlooking something really elementary -- though I have no problem making IFR landings with any of my other planes, especially the 737NGX; So what's causing the CRJ to precipitously loose speed and command a full dive without warning though flying a stable approach at the time, properly trimmed, at a constant altitude (until I press Approach, that is)?

If there's specific diagnostic information needed please let me know and I'll recreate and post the data. Again, my system configuration is Windows 10 P3D v4 CRJ v 1.0.1,

Archived