Dark Aircraft/Engines Running

Hi all! 

I hope everyone is enjoying their CRJ flying, however mine is having a difficult time getting going. 

When I start the sim, the CRJ loads with the engines running, however there are no cockpit displays or lights on the inside or aircraft or the outside even though I have everything powered on. The CRJ will fly normally but nothing happens to the control surfaces regardless of what I do. 

I believe I have the same problem as seen here:   

Please login to display this image.

HIs fix was: "I installed the C++distributable in the following location...\Prepar3D v3\Ecosystem\aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\SupportFile"

And here: 

Here his fix was: "I solved the problem by using the latest version of the .dll."

have an open support ticket and am awaiting feedback, but was curious if anyone knows how to complete either of the fixes above? 

Thank you all so much!

- Colton

Update: I did a completely clean install of FSX prefaced by wiping my entire computer and this was the first thing I downloaded and it still is having the same issues. Anything ideas guys?

Thanks!

Did you install the C++ files as was mentioned?  Find your main FSX folder, then go to: Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\SupportFile

Assuming you're on a 64-bit operating system, run the two "VS2015_vcredist" files you see in there to install them.

After that, if it still doesn't work, then do a Windows update and see if there are any C++ updates for the files you just installed (they occasionally update them). 

Hope that helps!

Buzz,

Still didn't work for me, same issues as before; all the sounds work, with zero cockpit animations/displays/movement. I'm thoroughly stumped as to what the problem could be. I Have addons from PMDG, Carenado, Wilco, CaptainSim etc. and a completely clean install of my entire PC and FSX with every driver, .NET C++ update I can find and still completely black cockpit, my PC is high performing too with plenty of all memory parameters available. I guess I pray for a hotfix that would make it magically work!

Thanks for your help!!

- Colton

Your screenshot shows that the gauges aren't being loaded at all. The yoke turned to full left deflection is a good hint for this.

There are basically two possible reasons for this:

- the installer didn't install the Visual C++ 2015 runtime files. You can get them at here . Use vcredist_x64.exe for P3Dv4 and vcredist_x86.exe for FSX and P3Dv3 (or simply install both. 32- and 64-bit versions don't collide and can be installed at the same time)

- the installer didn't install the simconnect.dll. This should only be an issue, with P3Dv3, but I guess it's possible with FSX:Steam as well. In this case try the attached simconnect.msi

If one of the two solutions works for you, please let me know which version of FSX you used and if you disabled your antivirus software during the installation. I will then forward this information to the installer guy at Aerosoft.

SimConnect.msi

Hans,

Well, not sure which, but one of those two things worked for me. I had a bunch of C++ from 2005 until 2015 so I just left in the 2005 and the 2015 and uninstalled the others. After that I reinstalled with the hotfix and ran the Simconnect.msi file for safe measure. As mentioned I'm not sure which worked but one (or all) fixed the issue! 

I had a "Kernelbase.dll" and then a "ASCRJ.dll" fatal error but I'm hoping that was a fluke and won't happen again. Other than that she's a beautiful bird indeed. Thanks for your help gentleman! 

Kindest regards, 

- Colton

Archived