Frankfurt Mega scenery - problem - request for help

gavinbarbara

Hi

I bought Frankfurt yesterday and have come across a strange problem. I got the download version and did a normal install as per installer. Although all the scenery is installed and looks good, my problem comes whenever I take FS9 off full screen, for example to refresh AS6.5. As soon as I try to go back to full screen FS locks up and that's it - game over. The only thing I can then do is Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of FS9.

I've never had this issue before and it's happening only after installing Frankfurt. I uninstalled EDDF and the problem went away. Re-installed and it's back. It's really annoying as I like to input my AS6.5 flight plan after positioning myself at a gate, and for that I must come off full screen to get to AS6.5.

I'm running XP home with SP2. FS9 with SP1. AS6.5 and FSNav for every flight, sometimes AISmooth.

System: Intel Core 2 Due, Nvidia 7600 256M, 2Gigs RAM, lots of free HD space. FS9 runs like a dream.

If anyone can help me get rid of this problem, I'd be very grateful.

Best regards!

Gavin

Gavin,

I sometimes get the same problem, caused by a different add-on. When this happens FS window goes black, so I use control+C and the popup says "do you wish to quit Flight Simulator? Yes or No. I then click no and FS resumes in full screen.

I know this is just a work around and hope it works for you.

Old pilots never die, they just foreget where they tied down thier airplane! :wink:

Hi Gavin,

Same problem with me. To access any other programs I tap the windows key

and FS9 minimises to the task bar. I then just click back on FS9 to resume.

Hope this works for you.

Regards, Jon.

Jon

Now that seems to be working :-) I've tried it a few times and all's ok. Let's hope it's solved - certainly it looks that way so far.

Thanks very much for your help!!! :-)

Gavin