Preview: Catalina, new models

• Aerosoft

was a while since I shared images of the Catalina but as we are about to go into second stage beta... you see the PBY4 model and a new panel that is a bit more authentic (but still we are not looking at a fully 1940 contemporary model). The PBY5 will be able to beach using the beaching gear, should look real cool. The model shown still has to get the rid of the bubbles.

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

Hi Mathijs and not so NDA beta testers,

That RAF Coastal command model has the basic features that I want, please keep the blister/early turret combo, please. Looks very promising :D I like the cockpit a lot, just getting rid of the GPS, made this project a lot more interesting in my own view :D

Best regards

Close, but not quite there, yet. Keep working on that cockpit and nose turret.

PBY5.jpg

023.jpg

i don't want you to fall short on your quote from the Company

The high quality standards of our products have been proved time and again by the many international awards bestowed upon Aerosoft.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it's almost been a month, any news?

did you guys fix the external model pictured above?

the cowlings?

the nose turret?

the cockpit?

the distance under the intrument panel to the floor (the crawl space to the nose section/turret area)?

crickets...........................chirp.....................................

rgr, that news is better that no news.

i hope you beta testers catch all the anomolies i'm seeing in just the pictures they've posted. i'm a seaplane rated pilot and i set foot in a real PBY under restoration about once a month, so i'm a tough customer to please.