Materials Settings Update for F.Mk.6

000BIGMAC000

First of all let me say that this F.Mk.6 product has fast become one of my favorite aircraft in my hangar.  I absolutely love it.  The attention to detail is just fantastic.  Visually it's a thing of beauty. Very nice job indeed!  I can't believe David is a one man show.  Incredible!

So I know that developers receive all kinds of requests, some good, many annoying...and still soldier on!  Hopefully this is taken as it's intended.  There's really nothing to not like about this product.  I've praised it elsewhere as one of the most fun and great products I've used in FS world.  So what is this post about?

I would like suggest and help (if needed) to make the visual external look even better.  I recently read the interview with David at flightsim.com and could not believe that he was a one man show! Absolutely amazing to me.   Anyway...after having done the materials settings for the MV F-100D, MV F-86F+TP, F-80X Redux, and T-33 Redux packages I've read/observed/learned a few things about the lighting methods and texture interaction in material properties for models in FSX/P3D.   I'm curious, if (Aerosoft or David? not sure who to contact) there is any interest in doing a simple materials setting change on the F.Mk.6 Lightning 3D models that would increase the realism of repaints and the overall life-like look of the aircraft by enabling a couple of options and ensuring some properties are 100% active in the external model?  The changes are super simple and I think amount to just a few options changes as this model is setup so well already in terms of textures and materials.  I would be happy to work with whoever to set the materials.  This would allow the specular textures and the Diffuse Alpha channels to work independently of each other and allow Fresnel to modify the specular map for additional lighting options.  NO GEOMETRY or other changes are required.  And I think it would make an already fantastic product almost perfect.  This would allow the advanced lighting techniques available in FSX and especially P3Dv2+ to render the textures to look like metal or other materials naturally and more life like.  To make all the changes would take less then 1 hour per model at most by my estimate. I'm not looking for any recognition freebies or the like, and want nothing other than to be able to paint this beauty to the absolute realism that is possible.   Not sure if the developers are ever here but thought I'd give it a shot. 

Again great job, very pleased with my purchase!  Thank you for your consideration.   If interested please PM me.  Not sure if devs are lurking in these forums or not!

Respectfully,

Rick

18 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Rick, what about Your new shiny textures? :D

That is what he's trying to do.

From what I gathered from the SOH forum, his shiny textures were based on modified models.  If he can get Dave to update the current models, then that opens the door for some really nice shiny textures.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the conversation at the moment.

--WH

That's correct.  I was putting the cart before the horse because I had been using so many freeware models up to that point...so I needed to come to Dave first.  The right thing to do.  I've been exchanging emails with Dave for the last several days making good progress.  

By the way, itso been very nice reaching out an having a positive experience.  This alone makes me give praises for the product!  It speaks volumes to the character of the developer and the product they have produced.

Archived