NDP v1.0.3.5 doesn't find network folder

Mark_Fox

I have NDP v1.0.3.5.

I am trying to update PFPX where the NavData folder is located on a networked drive on my client computer. "Open Directory" does not show any shared drives.I can locate the proper folder going thru the network, however the update rejects the location as Path not found.

All networked folders have correct permissions.

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Confirmed. For some reason the dilaogbox doesn't show mapped drives when you want to change the path. I can select the path via "My Network" but then the update failes. Maybe it is a Windows 10 issue (although it worked before).

We'll check this

• Administrator
On 13.10.2016 at 17:02, Mark_Fox sagte:

I have NDP v1.0.3.5.

Hi Mark,

do you remember if it worked it the previous version of NDP client?

For the moment you can try theses steps.

Navigate to the folder 'bin' in the NavDataPro installation folder, normally it is:

c:\aeroSOFT\NavDataPro\bin\

Make a backup copy of the file 'prop_ini.xml'.

Now you can edit the prop_ini.xml with any text editor.

Search for the entry for PFPX and edit the path to your mapped network drive.

It did work before. Have 1.0.3.6 now. Same issue. Networked install locations come up in RED and are still not selectable from "Open Directory". I believe the last working version for me was 3.3 perhaps. 

Tried modifying the path entry with no success, I did manage to create a new download folder on my main computer and copied the downloaded info into the networked NavData folder (with the exception of the user data file). PFPX's route database was updated in this manner. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Günther, just to give you an impression:

that' what I see when opening the "Change Path" window in Navdata Pro:

Please login to display this image.

As you can see, all mapped drives are missing like I see them, when opening the same Windows dialog in any other application:

Please login to display this image.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/8/2016 at 9:57 AM, Mark_Fox said:

Still can't update Nav Data across a network using NDP. Must be the only one with this issue.

Another month goes by.

Close to subscription renewal time. It appears the answer becomes clearer every day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I don't use NavDataPro so I can't give it a try myself.

What happens if you enter the complete folder path manually into the "Folder" text box within the "Open Directory" window instead of selecting it in the above tree/folder view?

On 2/2/2017 at 0:34 PM, Tom A320 said:

I don't use NavDataPro so I can't give it a try myself.

What happens if you enter the complete folder path manually into the "Folder" text box within the "Open Directory" window instead of selecting it in the above tree/folder view?

If the selection is on a networked computer, I can select it. However, the selection in NDP turns red as if it isn't found.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just a thought, what if you switch temporarily your Windows firewall off? Of course switching it on again after a quick test.  

9 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Just a thought, what if you switch temporarily your Windows firewall off? Of course switching it on again after a quick test.  

Windows Firewall is always off on both machines. 

I appreciate your help Tom, but unfortunately I had to move on.

Cheers sir.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Mark,

I fully understand your decision. Nevertheless I would like to pin the problem down, as it also has been reported by other users. I don't think that there has been a specific code change within NavDataPro that causes this problem. I tend much more to think of some system settings that might have been modified by a regular Windows update.

If anyone else having this problem and reading this post, please give the suggestion (registry key) in the following article a try:

As a more quick litmus test, you could also start NavDataPro without elevated access privileges (i.e. not as administrator). If the above given theory about the cause of this problem is correct, you should see the mapped network drives.

Archived