FMGC stuck in takeoff mode

Schteve

Hello everyone,

first of all, thank you Aerosoft for the easy to fly everyday aircraft the Airbus is.

Since 4 days, I am experiencing an issue however.

When passing the acceleration altitude on departure, the flight guidance switches to no vertical mode with ALT in blue instead of CLB. Additionally, when putting the thrust levers in the CLB detent, the ATHR mode switches to SPEED instead of THR CLB.

Furthermore, the left MCDU is stuck in takeoff mode on the PERF page. All this leads to a loss of managed vertical and thrust modes for the remainder of the flight. It is however possible to operate in selected modes, switching to OPEN CLB results in THR CLB.

I have attached some pictures to illustrate the issue.

1: Everything normal before reaching ACC ALT.

Please login to display this image.

2: When passing ACC ALT (2776ft), vertical mode becomes blank, with ALT blue.

3: When putting the thrust levers in the climb detent, Speed mode activated. Additionally, the MCDU is stuck on the Takeoff page.

I have tried several approaches to overcome the issue. These include TOGA instead of FLEX takeoff, manually setting ACC ALT, starting at different aircraft states, using different airports and routes.

I have come across a similiar thread and have tried the solutions given there. A reinstall of all Visual C++ libraries (32 and 64bit), simconnect and the complete Airbus as per the official step-by-step guide in the forum have not yielded any results.

Specs: Airbus V131 + FMGS.dll fix, FSX SP2, Win 8.1 64bit. Tested on all Versions (A318-A321) and both engine variants.

Do you have any further ideas on how to tackle this issue and the probable cause? I would be greatful for any help. As fun as flying selected is - sometimes you just want (and need) to revert back to more Automation :-).

Best regards

Stephan

A first, very quick look, those V speeds are way too low and the rate of climb too high for the outside temp (I think it was 57 degrees you had input?),  but I don't know and can't see all the conditions. It might be that the aircraft is trying to do what you programmed it too and needs full throttle do try to do it.  Also, try waiting longer  before you engage the auto pilot and see how that works.

Remember, the outside temp tremendously affects the performance of this aircrash (pun intended).

Try departing from a location with about 30 degrees Celsius and see how it handles.

Thank you for your reply, Dave.

I might have not communicated my issue clearly enough or you did not understand it the way I intended to.

My issue is not about the rate of climb or the speed (the pictures you see are from a quick and dirty example for visualization only, speeds and flex temp calculated by the bus itself). I have done several tests with proper performance calculation as well.

My issue are the incorrect autoflight modes the airbus enters when passing ACC alt. As you can see, the autopilot has not been engaged yet. I have now tried to engage the AP before passing ACC ALT and departing with an outside temp of more than 30 degrees celsius - no change in behaviour unfortunately. I am still not able to enter any managed vertical mode.

Yes - tried with different CIs between 5 and 25. Unfortunately, still no change in behaviour so far. Installed the latest windows updates which came out last tuesday, still no difference.

I examined the behaviour a little further.

If I continue the flight in selected vertical modes, with managed lateral mode (NAV), the aircraft treats every waypoint as a fly-over waypoint. This leads to an overshoot of the lateral path with a subsequent recapture if steeper turns are encountered.

Does anyone have any further idea which "mode" the airbus is stuck in? I would like to avoid reinstalling the FS.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have exactly the same porblem. A reinstall of the product did not work (following this guide:

Just what I saw: the CLB mode is armed during takeoff roll with the SRS mode active. Once the acceleration Altitude is reached THR CLB flashes and I can set climb thrust (as seen in the pictures above). Also ALT becomes armed there won't engage any vertical mode and the speed stays magenta on V2. Also I noticed that the acceleration point on the ND stays in front of the Aircraft moving in a certain distance (for me it was about 3,7 nm) and not coming closer.

Is there maybe any other news I missed?

Thank you in advance

I unfortunately do not have any good news. The issue is still unresolved for me. Could you provide some more information about your system so any similarities could possibly lead to a solution? Thank you

Uh thats sad:( but yes of course: so im using windows 10 64-bit with fsx:se. Intel i7-6700k, gtx980, 16gb ram, ssd from samsung, asus board and saitek x52 joystick. 

And addons i remember installing after the as busses: fsl a320, level-d 767. I reinstalled the as busses once after, i can tray to uninstall the fsl 320 when im back home in two days, else i dont think sceneries would impair plane addons, right? 

So I did another complete reinstall of the busses according these instructions:

I double checked all .net versions and vc++ versions. Also i did not backup the liveries to make sure there wasn't a corrupt one in there. It is still not working. The acceleration point is still pushed 3.7 nm in front of the plane, no direct to working and no clb phase activating. Were the developers maybe able to reproduce the problem? My Sim is working without other porblems at the moment so id rather not do a complete reinstall...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

After months of flying the Airbus without any issues I have recently experienced this issue and am at a loss what to do next.  I have uninstalled/ reinstalled numerous times using the approved guidelines but nothing changes - totally unable to get the aircraft into managed mode.  I have also noticed that navigation info displayed on the ND (I.e. Route, nav waypoints etc) do not update even know the aircraft is moving) it is not frozen as I can still see traffic in TCAS etc.

can anyone help please.  Really frustrating not being able to use the aircraft.

thanks

Donald

PS: I have the latest navdata from navigraph installed and have checked it is in the right folder.

Sorry just re read the thread above and can confirm for me it is also the acceleration point that does not move closer to the aircraft .  I mistook that for a waypoint.

Have any of the others experiencing this found a solution?

For anyone else experiencing this issue I decided to do another uninstall / reinstall of fsx SE but this time went through and deleted every and all registry entries related to fsx or addons - there are guides oh how to do this in AVSIM. In doing this it became apparent that even though I had previously uninstalled the boxed version of fsx, before installing SE, there were some registry entries left over from the boxed version.  

After deleting all these entries and reinstalling SE the airbusses are now back working properly and the issue I was experiencing has totally disappeared.

hope it works for others.

Donald

• 3 weeks later...

Well ok I really was hoping there is another solution. I know the busses did work on my system and some addon must have changed something somewhere.... at least at the moment I was hoping that there might be another solution, maybe that the developers know which files might be affected (even though im aware that we have a pretty complex addon here). But I think for now Ill not reinstall my whole sim, as it is working at the moment (except of the busses) so i keep hoping for another fix...

• 1 month later...

So I finally did a complete reinstall of my sim. I made sure there weren't any registry entries left. I just started a new flight after new install with FTX Global/Vector, Navigraph latest database, AS16, Seychelles X and Simbreeze Abu Dhabi... The Takeoff phase still does not end. whats new though: there is no SRS guidance after Takeoff. The FMA reverts to VS 0 and the FD commands it as well. Open Climb works, managed climb not (if I push for managed climb the autopilot reverts to basic VS mode) and the FMGC stays on the Takeoff Performance page (Climb doesn not become active). The Checklist is read and performed, when I manually select a higher speed the flaps will be retracted and afterwards the managed speed stays at 250kts up to cruise (Cost Index 15, Cruise Page shows 296/0.76 for Managed speed but as I said does not become active) Where the developers able to reproduce the problem? Is there any idea of which files might be affected? Might it be a Windosw 10/FSX:SE problem? Will there be any solution at one point? Thanks for your reply!

Oh and one addition, once I get to cruise level ALT CRZ becomes active with managed cruise speed even though the FMGC is still in Takeoff Phase...

And another update, I do try a flight right now with the selected modes. The magenta accel point for 10000ft is moving 20nm in front on the NAV display even though im cruising FL340

The Checklist also does not notice that I am at cruise level even though FMA sais I am

Yeti,

let's attack this from a technical perspective until someone better suited for looking at your procedures *Like Emi or Frank) can take a look.

Please perform everything in Steps 2 through 6.  I have reasons for suggesting you do this, but I'm neck deep in troubleshooting one terribly complex problem and time is at a premium.  But if doing these steps work then that's all we need to know.

I realize you've already done a reinstall per the quoted procedure, but I'm recommending you do it again to clear the decks. Besides, it only takes a few minutes. Double check that Windows doesn't activate it's computer security when you deactive any security software you might have installed yourself.

When you get to the Microsoft C++ installs (which is the software that the Airbus is built on), be sure to pay particular attention to updates, and the base and updates for the 2008 version. In fact, After all of that, run the tester that is included in the procure.

The entire process should only take you 10 to 15 minutes.

Hi Dave,

thank you so much for your reply, this bug is driving me crazy. So I did all the steps once more. It still isn't working. So I did reinstall all VC++ packages and made sure its all the new ones on my system, but it didn't change anything either. Do you need more information to my system? Anything else I can try?

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again,

I know that you guys have a lot on your plate at the moment with finishing up the 330, resetting your store and im sure a bunch of other projects. I just was wondering if you will takle the issue above at one point when there is capacity? The thread was viewed by over 900 people for now, and even if not all of them have the issue, i think its still not limited to only a view. But if you would be saying there is nothing you can do I would consider resetting my whole windows which should definitly fix it but I was hoping to avoid.

Thanks for a quick one liner.

Best regards

Yeti

Archived