No More FLEX Thrust

Hi, 

I am having this strange problem for the last two days. For some reason I am not getting FLEX thrust at take off. I am starting from cold and dark stage and using co-pilot for my check lists. I am doing exactly waht I used to do for month

but the only way that I can take off is with MAN TOGA. I am using one of the default cfm a320 v1.31, Prepar3d v3.2 Professional, Just incase I have uninstalled and reinstalled . I have my flex temp set automatically my the mcdu. You can check my screenshots for reference.

I am not doing anything extra . 

PS I am at LTBA rwy 35R

Just discovered something very strange.. If I save the above case as a scenario and reopen is flex srs is available.

Thanks

Please login to display this image.

Looks to me like the aircraft is not quite in the right mode: the FMA reads ALT | NAV where I would have expected CLB | NAV and the Flex temp isn't showing on the E/WD.

Try recycling the FDs and reselecting managed climb to get CLB | NAV and see if that makes any difference?

19 hours ago, skelsey said:

Looks to me like the aircraft is not quite in the right mode: the FMA reads ALT | NAV where I would have expected CLB | NAV and the Flex temp isn't showing on the E/WD.

Try recycling the FDs and reselecting managed climb to get CLB | NAV and see if that makes any difference?

Well I have turned on and off both FD's changed , pushed and pulled the alt knob. Nothing changes. Only If I lower theQNH then the FMA shows CLB | NAV but thats not a rite way.
Buuuuut.. If I save the scenery and reload it back, then everything is back on track..

Any Ideas ? 

Also you said reselecting managed climb.. You mean pulling back the ALT knob and pushing it back .. rite ?

Thanks

19 hours ago, Koray Birand said:

Also you said reselecting managed climb.. You mean pulling back the ALT knob and pushing it back .. rite ?

Just checked the manuals and I think I know why you're not getting CLB armed:

Note the last bullet point.

I notice that you have an altitude constraint of 1600ft at D356G and an acceleration altitude of 1663ft: therefore the arming conditions for CLB on the ground are not met and you are getting ALT instead.

Try with a thrust reduction & acceleration altitude of 1160ft (i.e. 1000ft AGL) and see what happens then -- check that you have the correct FMA (CLB | NAV blue, and the Flex temp on the E/WD. You may need to recycle the FDs and/or reselect managed CLB by pushing the FCU ALT knob in after you have changed the THR RED/ACCEL ALT in order for CLB to arm properly.

29 minutes ago, skelsey said:

Just checked the manuals and I think I know why you're not getting CLB armed:

Note the last bullet point.

I notice that you have an altitude constraint of 1600ft at D356G and an acceleration altitude of 1663ft: therefore the arming conditions for CLB on the ground are not met and you are getting ALT instead.

Try with a thrust reduction & acceleration altitude of 1160ft (i.e. 1000ft AGL) and see what happens then -- check that you have the correct FMA (CLB | NAV blue, and the Flex temp on the E/WD. You may need to recycle the FDs and/or reselect managed CLB by pushing the FCU ALT knob in after you have changed the THR RED/ACCEL ALT in order for CLB to arm properly.

Ok will try it, but still i do not get when I save and reload the scene everything is back on track .

Thanks.

I agree that something odd is going on because you shouldn't be getting RWY without SRS: a prerequisite of the arming conditions for RWY is that the arming conditions for SRS are met (essentially, slats extended and V2 inserted -- both of which appear to be present).

My instinct is that it is a flight phase problem (looking at the MCDU screenshots you appear to be in takeoff mode already before you advance the thrust levers, which is wrong) which may be a bug related to acceleration altitudes above first altitude constraint, but without trying it myself I'm not sure. My suspicion is that reloading is somehow resetting the FMGC flight phase and putting you in the right mode, but I'm not sure exactly what's going on.

I'm not sure if the Airbus is programmed to take temperature into account (as is done real world), but from what you've described it certainly seems so.  Plus, the temps have climbed in the past month (if you're using real world weather), so for the location your flying it may be that the temps are too high for a Flex T/O.  Of course QNH also comes into play, but I believe temp affects this a lot more

I hope this has been helpful.

I'm not sure if the Airbus is programmed to take temperature into account (as is done real world), but from what you've described it certainly seems so.  Plus, the temps have climbed in the past month (if you're using real world weather), so for the location your flying it may be that the temps are too high for a Flex T/O.  Of course QNH also comes into play, but I believe temp affects this a lot more

I hope this has been helpful.

Well your explanation also makes sense but still does not answer to "save and reload fix" . I am going to do a series is of tests and will let u guys know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Koray Birand said:

but still does not answer to "save and reload fix"

I was trying to help one step at a time, but since you insist...

If you're using P3D, there is a known problem in regards to time when reloading, and it may be that, regardless of what you actually see (visually), the time has changed to a cooler part of the day.

I wish you the best.

1 hour ago, Koray Birand said: but still does not answer to "save and reload fix"

I was trying to help one step at a time, but since you insist...

If you're using P3D, there is a known problem in regards to time when reloading, and it may be that, regardless of what you actually see (visually), the time has changed to a cooler part of the day.

I wish you the best.

David , i did not mean to be rude.. Please do not get me wrong. Just trying to judge all the factors that may cause this problem and understand all of the suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Well strangely i am not having this issue as well. @DaveCT2003 I think your assumption regarding weather could have been my problem.. While I was having this problem the weather here in istanbul was extremly hot .. Around 40 degrees now it is around 25-28..

Archived