AES:- Few Issues

GBL9AL

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for an excellent product.

However I'm suffering from a few problems.

I've just re-downloaded and installed (in default path) GAP 1, and Fly Tampa's Dubai, Seattle, Vienna and Freeware Boston, yesterday after a FS Hard Drive re-format. However when I select the airport to activate it in AESHELP 1.5.0 I get the following error:

AES_Error.jpg

This happens when I try to activate any of the Fly Tampa sceneries and GAP1 Airports (Munich and Stuttgart). It then says AES may not work correctly. I then open up FS9 at Munich for example, and I get double jetways, one the default static and the other the AES one.

The sceneries as I've said have been installed via the default FS9 directory commanded by the installer, and the scenery is active in FS9, but I'm not sure why AES is not working on these airfields. I've just (last hour) re-installed Paris CDG 2005 with no problems.

Any ides what is wrong here?

Second small problem is AES at Paris.

I've just parked my BA A319 at Paris CDG on Terminal 2B stand B14, followed the marshaller exactly.

I end up stopping here:

AES_CDG.jpg

I'm sure that is the stop line for a 777 not an A319, shouldn't I be commanded to stop back on the A320 Mark? Otherwise as you can see, I have the L2 Jetty in my wing. This happens with A319/A320 and A321.

I flew with BA (A319) into CDG last weekend, and parked up so the L2 Jetty was put on door L1. There was a Air France A321 parked next to us, also using Jetty L2 on door L1. When I departed CDG with BA on a A321, again, we boarder via the L2 Jetty through door L1.

I also seems to get an odd stopping positions at Ibiza in all aircraft types, I get commanded to stop here:

IBZ_2.jpg

By parking there, you block of the stand next to it.

However, I should be asked to stop here:

IBZ_1.jpg

As you don't block the next door stand, and you then taxi out via the yellow line on your left.

I will say again, its an excellent piece of software. But hopefully someone can tell me how to activate the sceneries that I'm having problems with and Paris and Ibiza (any other sceneries this problem may effect)

Many Thanks

Could you please post the location/folder for the GAP1-Scenery? In my case I find a folder called AEROSOFTGA1_FS2004. And it works without problems.

Do you have a GAP1-download or a GAP1-box-Version?

Ciao,

Rainer.

Which A319 are you using? It looks like the cfg file is incorrect or missing, as my guess would be that it is using the "default positions for nose gear and door, rather than aircraft specific.

Does that aircraft work OK at other AES enabled airports?

Ian P.

Hi,

GAP 1 (download from Simmarket) is installed into:

G:Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator 9aerosoftGA1 Bundle

Fly Tampa's installed into G:Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon SceneryFlyTampa-xxxxxx depending on the scenery name.

The aircraft is the IFDG A319, its also the same with the IFDG A320 and A321. I have fully configured the doors using the AES program, as at places like Frankfurt, it works fine.

Cheers

It seems so that Oliver's AES searchs for the path which is used by the box-versions, not the download-path "GA1 Bundle".

I'm not sure if Mathijs or Shaun could check this? So maybe we have to wait for Oliver's return from holiday.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Regarding the parking issues, Ibiza is the one Sim-Wings airport I do have activated in AES and it worked perfectly for me (except my poor parking on occasion, but that's another issue! :lol:) so what you're seeing definately isn't normal. I don't know of any reason why an aircraft would work at one airport and not at another either.

I think you might have to wait for Oliver to come back for more sensible answers, sorry. :(

Ian P.

• Verified Developer

Hi,

regarding point 1: Scenery not found

AES will look to the Default Path, I entered in the AESA_*.CFG File, you can found in the AESAIRPORT Directory. This path will be looked first, but that is not important.

Important is, that the scenery is installed somewhere and is AKTIV in the Scenery Library of the FS. AES will search all activ Scenery Pathes for some filenames, also defined in the CFG. If this are fould somewhere in a active Scenery, it take this for the copy and replacement of the files.

regarding point 2: Fixed Jetways in CDG

I must find a solution for that problem, when small aircraft stop at this positions. At the moment, this will happen.

regaring the rest:

I will check the position at the smaller airports, could be that the stoppings are not set correctly.

brgds

Oliver Pabst