Throttle Problems

Hi

i've recently got the A320/321 and have configured my throttles for it. I use a Blackwidows Joystick with throttle. But when I am on the ground, moving the physical throttle slightly forward to gain some momentum for taxi will cause the throttle to twitch violently in and out of idle detent causing a very annoying detent click sound and also meaning I have to put in a large amount of power to stop this twitching. This then causes me to overspeed on the turns etc,

Also, the slightest movement of the throttles in manual position causes the airbus throttles in the sim to twitch anyway.

any idead why this is happening? I've configured my throttles in p3d several times now.

thanks for the help.

Welcome to the forums!

In the documentation that came with the aircraft is a specific manual with a procedure on setting up the throttle(s).  Have you had a chance to look at that yet?

Please let us know how you made out.

Yeah, I've looked at it several times and done the procedures several times as well but I can't fix this problem.

thanks for the welcome! 

Kind regards 

I have the same problem your (last vesion plane software), they replied that the problem could be the plugin "accu-feel" but I not installed it and no longer have given me an explanation ... I switched to x-plane10 with A320neo JARdesign I've solved the problem. The strangest thing is that with the extended version of the airbus did not do it ... amazing!

Well I don't particularly want to to go to x plane just because of this. In my view the AS a320 is the airbus on the market currently, and I have no interest to look for anything else.

I don't have accu-feel installed. I might net a new joystick (Logitech 3d pro) because the one I have is far too heavy and the throttle has no friction. Maybe this is why?

if you help I also have the joystick Logitech 3d pro ... but then again why does it only with the vesion A320 and not with .the A320 Extended (both firmwre latest versions)?

Guys,

I'm very sorry not to have responded... I had some things come up that took me away from my computer.

The primary reason for throttle jumping as your describing is either the joystick software or calibration.  It can also be the deadzone and sensativity settings in your flight sim software. 

1. Be sure you are running FSX with SP1 and SP2 (Service Packs), or FSX Acceleration, or FSX Steam (FSX.SE).

2. Ensure UAC (User Account Control) is disabled or set to the lowest possible setting.

3. Open your Main FSX Folder and Right Click on the "FSX,exe" icon, select "Properties" and then click on the "Compatibility" tab and check to ensure that "Run this program as an administrator" is checked. This setting should be the second to last setting checkbox), and it's difficult to see if the setting is greyed out (if it's greyed out then it's likely set via the "Change settings for all users", which is the last Check Box Item under the "Compatibility" tab.

4. Let's also be sure that "Auto Rudder" is turned off in FSX as this could be causing a problem with the FBW (Fly By Wire) programming.

5.  Be sure you installed the Airbus correctly. Having customers install properly has fixes a great many problems, including throttle issues. If you wish to reinstall, follow the procedure HERE.  The standard procedure for INITIAL installation of flight simulation related software is to have your Antivirus turned off, User Account Control Disabled, then Right Click the installer and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.  If you are REINSTALLING the Airbus then please follow THIS procedure.

6. Be sure you setup the throttle exactly as shown in the Throttle Section of the Airbus documentation (Vol7-Thrust Lever Setup).

7. Test your joystick using either the Joystick software or Windows Game Controllers and looking at the axis graph see if you're experiencing the same "jumps" instead of a smooth signal on the graph. If your throttle is jumping, you have a noisy joystick (probably a Potentiometer) and you should contact the manufacturer for a solution.

8. If none of the another helped, try removing the dead zone and reducing sensitivity in your flight sim software.  You may need to find the right mix of the two for your joystick.

9. Though Aerosoft does not recommend using FSUIPC for setting up the throttle, you may benefit from doing so if your joystick is noisy. You'll need the Registered Version of FSUIPC, then follow the FSUIPC setup procedure in  Vol7-Thrust Lever Setup .

10. When starting the Airbus, select the "ACRFT STATE" on the Copilot MCDU and select "TAKE-OFF STATE", after which please fully program the FMS for your test flight. This will veriffy that allow systems are up and Auto Throttle and V-Speeds are programmed for the flight.

11. Check / verify that the inverted AXIS setting in the Airbus Configurator. Please also note there are TWO CONFIGURATORS if one has both the A320/A321 and the A318/A319 installed so one needs to ensure they are using the applicable Configurator.

12. In FSX, remove ALL AXIS assignments, then close FSX, followed by restarting FSX, and then reassign your joystick AXIS.  Let's note something here:  If you don't normally receive the "FSX Failed to Close Normally" message, and recently saw that message (popup window) when you ended FSX, then there is a good possibility that some of all of your Joystick settings got dumped and auto configured. This occurs from time to time in FSX and FSX:SE (never been able to figure out how or why) and one has to either use a backup copy of the control settings OR re-program the Joystick settings. Because this happens from time time (even after months and months of not happening) I recommend that users back up their control settings file. The file name is "Standard" and it's located at:  C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls folder. Note that the "AppData" folder is a HIDDEN folder and as such you'll need to change your Windows Folder Properties to include "Show Hidden Files and Folders"

If you're still having problems after doing the above you either have a bad joystick, bad joystick driver, or you need to carefully follow the outlined procedures.

Finally, a short video or screen shots showing the problem you're having would be very helpful.

Please let me know how you make out.

already tried everything you said ... but then again I have paid several planes on both FSX and on Xplane (I consider myself an expert user) and I never had a joystick calibration problems; how come your airbus version "extended" has no problems and that "normal" yes?

Just to clarify, I have a Blackwidow Joystick and would like to get the Logitech 3D pro. The throttle on my joystick has basically no friction against it which is why I sometimes knock it out of TOGA or the FLEX detent because my rudder axis are on the back of the throttle. So when I'm trying to keep on centreline, my fingers movingbthe rudder also move the throttle slightly.

i'm currently away from the PC right now but I'll try and get a screenshot or vid done to show you helpful people! 

I'm pretty sure it's just a throttle problem, so I won't do a reinstall of the airbus. 

I'll try and follow your stepd apart from the last one as I dont have FSUIPC but maybe I've just done something wrong in the documented steps!

Thanks so much for your help!

2 hours ago, InnoVa said:

already tried everything you said ... but then again I have paid several planes on both FSX and on Xplane (I consider myself an expert user) and I never had a joystick calibration problems; how come your airbus version "extended" has no problems and that "normal" yes?

Hello InnoVa,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

The short answer is that I"m not sure, but there could be several reasons why you're having issues with this particular aircraft and not others. I have noted that quite a few customers have had problems with the Logitech 3d pro joystick and the Airbus, but it appears that in at least the majority of cases the things I have listed above (I've added several more steps).

The first thing I recommend is to going back and redo everything I listed above, doing so slowly and methodically.  I say this because sometimes (dare I say "often") expert users will take short cuts - which may be okay and work most of the time, but when an unexplained, persistent problem exists it's time to slow down, recheck everything and take things step by step.  As a knowledgeable user, I'm sure you know that in a case such as this the possibility that is some type of setup problem is almost 100 percent.

Well I've fixed this twitching throttle problem by redoing the whole process.

But now when I am approaching the runway, when I pull the throttles back from CLB into Idle, the Autothrottle isn't switching off which means I have to assign a button to turn it off. This is very annoying, especially just as you land.

Does anyone know why my autothrottle isn't disengaging when I pull it out of the CLB detent?

Many thanks

Archived