Missing approach lights in Mega Airport Helsinki

Hello,

Many years ago I bought the scenery of Mega Airport Helsinki via Simmarket. I tried it a few times in FSX SP2, but I had a low fps and there was no approach lights on my finals at night / dusk.

As I wasn't able to use this scenery due to my low-end PC and thus low fps, I have never reported the problem with the missing approach lights.

Now I have the better PC and in my P3D v2.5 this scenery works good - with some scenery limitations my fps are on a good level that I have fun from flying to EFHK. But the problem with missing approach lights still exist - as you may see on my attached screenshots, all airport's lights work without any problems, but the approach lights on the runway in front of me are missing. 

I will be thankful if you could help me to solve the problem. I'm absolutely certain that it's not caused by the lack of compatibility between the scenery and P3D v2.5, because exactly the same problem I had in my FSX. Thanks in advance for not leaving me with the problem.

Please login to display this image.

In the meantime I did some additional tests.

First of all I turned off antennas of approach lights in config tool.

Furthermore may flight was moved to the "darker night" and the result was that I saw some part of approach lights, especially on the approach to 22L, 22R and 15. In case of 04L and 04R there was a little part of the whole approach lights, but something was visible too.

As you can see in the attached screenshots, I was able to see the missing part of approach lights, where I was very close to them and even on the same level of below. It looks like something trying to cover them.

Furthermore it seems that they are being turned on very late - when I checked the different moments of dusk / early night, after change of time I was able to see them for 1-2s and afterwards they dissapeared. When I moved the time to "darker night", the a/b mentioned part of them was visible all the time.

I hope that I "deserve" that someone from Aerosoft or A-Flight will answer to my question / problem.

What a pity that Aerosoft has not yet taken the time to respond to you with an answer so far!

In the meantime you might want to look at this:

http://simmershome.de/native-p3dv2-light-patches/

This might help fix some of your light issues.

I don't understand why the Helsinki Airport developer is making no effort to make Helsinki Airport fully compatible with P3Dv3, I mean how much work could that involve?

Skål!

Lars

• Deputy Sheriffs

Lars, 

Please keep in mind that in many cases Aerosoft is just the publisher of a scenery, not the developer. And that the case here as well.

Lockheed Martin broke started to break compatibility from P3Dv2 on,so maybe such complaints are better directed to them.

If you argue that others update their sceneries as well you should keep in touch that AS sells 100+ sceneries and as already said, in many cases they are not the developer.

Dear Tom,

Despite the fact that it's not compatible with P3D v3, I was able to install this scenery with the compatibility to P3D v2.x

But ok - I know that in older versions of P3D v2 the lights were working, in the newer ones they didn't. Nevetheless I had the same problem in FSX, so it has to be something different than the lack of compatibility, the more that - as you can see on the attached screenshots - the lights are partially visible.

Do you see any chance that Aerosoft will ask his developer - A-Flight - to check this case? As far as I see, this developer is still active as they released Quito with the co-operation of Aerosoft.

I know that my problem seems to be not very important for Aerosoft, but on the other hand - I'd like to use the scenery, which I paid for and It didn't work properly in FSX SP2 too. Of course I can use it without the approach lights, but frankly speaking it's the basic function of any airport which should work, even if someone thinks that it's my whim.

Best regards,

Marcin 

Thank you Aerosoft for your "efforts" and "great support" - there are so many suggestions above...

You even didn't try to help me, which I'll remember in case of considering new purchases. Although I know that you will not worry about that too.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Martin,

if you are not happy with the performance here in the community forum you can always open a direct support ticket with Aerosoft. Just follow the "Support / Contact Support" menu item on top of this page (as it is mentioned in the manual, which directs you to support@aerosoft.com, and on the Aerosoft webpage).

Archived