Airbus A319 problem

ahuimanu

Hello,

The A319 constantly reads its FMGS.ini and AB_ND_GDI.ini files while using it in P3D v.3,2.  This is creating a performance problem with the aircraft.

Is this normal?

Hi,

Sorry to bump my own post.  I put it in "diverse" as I wasn't quite sure how to classify it.

If you watch P3D v3.2 in procmon while the Airbus is running (I prefer the A319, which is why I listed it), the  FMGS.ini and AB_ND_GDI.ini files are constantly being accessed, almost as frequently as could be per second.  I am troubleshooting a sudden performance issue I'm having when I fly the aerosoft airbus (version 1.31) and I see that these files are being rapidly accessed.

I hope this is more descriptive than my perhaps poorly-phrased title.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

If aerosoft could kindly suggest a means of obtaining report for this issue I would be most grateful.  Is there means for this beyond promoting/bumping my own post?

Thank you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It is normal behaviour, and doesn't cause any performance problems. The files were already accessed like that in earlier versions.

Please describe the performance problems you have a little bit more detailed. For example what behaviour do you expect and what behaviour do you get?

What add-ons (especially weather) are you using?

Hi,

Third time is the charm.

The performance issue is really related to how the airbus behaves in terms of memory usage in P3D v3.0 to v3.3.  It seems that VAS continues to drop in particular when using the A3xx.  The attempts to read these files is very rapid and shows very readily in process explorer and process monitor.  So, since Tom says it is normal, maybe I can eliminate thinking about this constant file access.

The PC is

Windows 10

Intel 5950X (8 core with HT on for 16)

32GB RAM

nVidia 980ti - 6GM

P3D v3.3

I wrote because I am trying to eliminate/determine problems related to memory use.

I have reinstalled everything flightsim recently, so my testing was with nothing other than a fresh install and the A3xx.  It seemed odd that the sim is trying to access a file all the time, many times per second.

Thanks for your quick responses.

Archived