Very low framrate with A320 in combination with Active Sky Next

marceling

I get a very low framerate in P3d v2.5 with my A320 in combination with Active Sky Next. The frame rate drops  to 10, 8 or even 5fps. I do not have this problem with standard an other not standard planes in combination with ASN. Altough weather radar is activate (WX+T 1=on) I have not seen any rain on the ND. When I choose the standard weather theme "rainy weather", the weather radar is working.
As I think the problem is the continious weather scanning I tried the fix setting WXBackgroundScan=0 in AB_ND_GDI.ini, but with "rainy weather" theme I see lots of rainy zones, so I think this workaround is not working with P3D v2.5
How can I turn scanning off by weather radar off in P3d v2 ?

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, marceling said:

How can I turn scanning off by weather radar off in P3d v2 ?

You actually did it already by modifying the AB_ND_GDI.ini file. But you switched it obviously on again on it's panel on the pedestal. The panel overrides the ini setting. So the WXR, respective the background scan is only off, if you have the ini modified and the WXR switched off.

1 hour ago, marceling said:

Altough weather radar is activate (WX+T 1=on) I have not seen any rain on the ND. When I choose the standard weather theme "rainy weather", the weather radar is working.

If you see anything on the WXR fully depends on how the weather tool injects the weather. The WXR only displays precipitation, i.e. real water in the air. Clouds with no water drops in it are not getting displayed. It also depends on the ND range you have configured. If you have a too large range a small rain front directly above you might not be displayed (although it must be a really small rain cloud for that).

As I said, it fully depends what the weather engine/tool injects into the sim. The WXR shows exactly what is in the sim. That is not necessarily what ASN shows on it's own weather panel.

Thanks for the reaction. Indeed, in combination withe the ini parameter I has to switch off the WRX. Framerates improved a little but it's stil not great. Sometimes 9 à 10 fps, sometimes 19 fps.

Yes, 1.31 for the airbus and ASN sp4.1 for P3D. ASN checks it erery time at startup.

cpu: Intel Core I5 760 @2.80GHz - 4 Cores / 4 Logical Processors / 64 bits

gpu: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

OS: Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1 (I plan to upgrade shortly to WIN10)

I've already tried to enable "Force ECAM software rendering" in the configurator, but there is no difference. At the moment this feature is turned off.

The CPU is not at full capacity used. Ventilation stays at low level.

P3D is installed on the same SSD as windows, but in another partition.

Yesterday I changed and disabled some graphical features in P2D for testing, but they all had very few impact on the framerate

I include Prepar3D.cfg as it is now and Prepar3D.cfg.20160404 which is the version of last monday, befor changing settings and after reïnstalling P3D. In fact this version has the setting P3D generates according the hardware detected the first time it starts.

The problem with the framerate does not occurs with standard planes in P3D in combination with ASN. With those planen I get framerates uo to 50 fps.

Prepar3D.cfg

Prepar3D.cfg.20160404

About low framerate:

Did you disabled "Repeating overcast texture pattern fix" in Settings > Visual fix options tab? This is common problem with ASN and A320 weather radar. I also had it and i had very low framerates (about 5 FPS) flying over big surface of clouds.

When I disabled it, everything is working fine.

Say if it worked

Regards.

Before starting this conversation, I had already found this suggestion on the internet, perhaps in this forum, but in the latest version of ASN, this option is not available anymore. See screenshot. I'll contact support for ASN and ask more info about this fix. I'll contact you again when I have an answer or solution from them.

Please login to display this image.

Oh I see.

I'm using FSX version, latest built for it, is built 5868:

Please login to display this image.

As you can see, there is an appropriate option.

Maybe, HiFi deleted this option for P3D. I don't know, you have to ask them for that.

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived