So anyone bought this?

Deathcoffin

Hello Deathcoffin,

It does'nt change the textures but just makes the terrain mesh more exciting than the default by adding more detail to the ground, its main mesh resolution is 76 metres with higher resolution mesh to 19mtrs in other areas of interest.

Looking at the screenshots on the product page should show you the difference.

Hello Deathcoffin,

I'm not sure if there are any new textures out for the ground cover in FSX yet, but I do know of a few Landclasses.

Landclass is basically a file which tells Flight Simulator where to place certain ground textures to simulate the real world.

Hence the word Land class, a certain class of texture to be placed on a certain area of land. This is what makes up the towns, cities, fields, woods etc etc.

The default FS landclass can sometimes be bland and very inaccurate with woods extending miles and miles without the hint of civilisation, whereas some 3rd party developers have made landclasses to put missing places back on the map.

If you Google the word Landclass you'll get some hits which should help you better understand what it is.

• Aerosoft
Thanks for the help SAF... I just ordered fs global and once i got it i will test it out and write a review then...

Keep mind a denser mesh means a lot more varied texture appearance as well as FS determines the kind of texture to use a lot on the slope of the terrain as well as the landclass.

• Aerosoft
So is the FS global im bout to get, will make my fsx meshes denser?

Yes, it adds a heck of a lot more altitude data to FSX and thus makes the terrain much more accurate and much more varied. Does not have a very nasty impact on frame rates as well as mesh is handled very nicely in FSX.

So to my understanding that it changes the stock fsx mesh for the better. Will one of your airport sceneries work well with it too? Meaning like the airport textures being stacked on top of the new mesh and having the great airport details and also the shape of the new mesh?

(Textures/landclass on top of mesh) Thats how i think it works through all the reading...correct me if im wrong as im totally new to this...

• Aerosoft
So to my understanding that it changes the stock fsx mesh for the better. Will one of your airport sceneries work well with it too? Meaning like the airport textures being stacked on top of the new mesh and having the great airport details and also the shape of the new mesh?

(Textures/landclass on top of mesh) Thats how i think it works through all the reading...correct me if im wrong as im totally new to this...

No correction needed.

Mesh is the 'deepest' layer of the scenery of the sim, in principle everything else will follow what it has to say. It determines the height of a location in FSX (relative to the mean seal level). The more points you have the more detailed and accurate the terrain is.

FS has a cleaver scheme to look at the terrain and determines what to show there. If the terrain is nearly vertical it will default to rock textures, if it is very flat it will default to crops, an undulating terrain will default to woodland. Of course scenery can add special textures or even define different land classes. A land class could be 'highrise', or 'tundra' and FS will find the correct texture for the season.