Connection Error - Ping working

FBIan007

Hi!

I got the follwing problem:

when my Copilot and I connect (via Hamachi) I get the messageNOT CENNECTED and he gets CONNECTION ERROR. 

Ping Is working

Port forwarding is active

firewall is turned off

SIM: Both are using P3D v3

thank you very much for your help! ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why do you configure port forwarding and simultaneously use a vpn tool like Hamachi? You use either one or the other.

A working ping is not a final proof for a proper connection, i.e. firewall configuration. Ping utilizes the ICMP protocol, which is a network layer protocol just like IPv4, IPv6 etc, hence it uses no TCP/UDP  port numbers. 

CFD uses UDP as network layer protocol via two ports.

So Ping and CFD are two totally different things. A working Ping has therefore no real significance for CFD.

I wouldn't be too sure that you and your friend really have all firewalls disabled. Your windows comes with a firewall and in many cases your anti viral / security software as well. Make sure to have those configured properly as well.

Have you worked yourself through the current CFD Guides (OVPA)?

Tom's right on the money regarding the PING and Protocols used.  I also agree with him that you guys don't have an open UDP pathway between the two computers - HOWEVER THIS IS VERY EASY TO FIX.

Now, I strongly discourage you from  using Hamachi, and you can read more about why in the OVPA Guide.  Port Forwarding is the better option and is very easy to establish.

1. Be sure that your Router's have ports 6881 and 6882 forwarded for the UDP Protocol.

2. Be sure that your Software Firewalls allow for Incoming and Outgoing UDP communications. You can make this as loose or as restrictive as you wish by going so far as only allowing the communications to certain ports (6881 & 6882) or even certain IP Address (one another Public IP addresses).

For complete information, please see the OVPA Guide (currently being revised) which is pinned to the top of the CFD forum.

Archived