Unable to steer affter landing

pete_auau

Hi all  after  a 5  hour  trip  about  to land  on rwy26l  eggl  I switched  off  the autopilot   and  land  manually, landed  ok  and  was  about  to turn off the rwy   and  found  I couldn't  steer  left  or right,  thought  it  might  have  been my joystick  but  noticed  that the rudders were  turning  when using the joystick.   Obviously  I must have  turned  some thing  else  off  other  than  the autopilot   I did  notice another  alarm  going  off  but  didn't  take much notice  of  it  since  was  only  about  20 or  so feet  before  touch town   so landed  ok  but   coudn't  steer.  Pity I didn't  see  what the  second  alarm was   but  think it  was  something  to do  with the throttle  being  disconnected.  Anway   I shut  down   and  than restarted   again but  still couldn't  steer   so   that's when  I called  ground  crew  to tow  the a321  away  and  exited the sim

No the same  way I use to taxi out  just twisting  my joystick, if  it happens  again  I will take  a screen shot.  going  to see if  I can replicate  it  again by taking  off  and  landing  again

Ok  solved  the issue   I did  the same  thing  again   and  had  no issues on landing ,  I know  what the caution I  had  before  it  was    saying  autothrottle  limited  was  displayed   on the pfd  screen.  Anyway  I  noticed  the  pedal disc  control unit   and   didn't  take much notice  of  it   till now   I pressed  the top  and  than I noticed  i  couldn't  steer  pressed it  again   and  was  able  to steer normal.  So  some  how   switching the autopilot  off last time  some  how  turned  the pedal   disc  to on or  off  depending  on how  to view it:)  Anyways   have to check it  next  time  if  it  happens  again

Archived