ADF in Beaver X

davidv

I notice there is an ADF tuner on the radios, but no ADF gauge. Any chance we could get one (I notice a lot of Beavers have one above the throttle quadrant).

ADF is important for flying in Canada as a large percentage of IFR approaches in the remote areas use NDB's.

• Aerosoft
I notice there is an ADF tuner on the radios, but no ADF gauge. Any chance we could get one (I notice a lot of Beavers have one above the throttle quadrant).

ADF is important for flying in Canada as a large percentage of IFR approaches in the remote areas use NDB's.

That's not a bad idea, I will look at it today.

• Aerosoft

David, I don't want to do that gauge above the throttle controls, I like that smooth shape there. But what we could do is move the checklist gauge to another location, make a bit more room and add it there. Would that me an idea?

First of all my compliments on this Beaver. It's a great addon.

I was going to ask the same question as David, but he beat me to it. I like the proposal though of putting the ADF gauge in the spot of the checklist. I also use NDB navigation a lot, so the receiver would be very welcome :)

• Aerosoft
First of all my compliments on this Beaver. It's a great addon.

I was going to ask the same question as David, but he beat me to it. I like the proposal though of putting the ADF gauge in the spot of the checklist. I also use NDB navigation a lot, so the receiver would be very welcome :)

Okay then we'll do it that way. I am sending the update to 2.02 up now and next week we'll do an update to 2.10 that adds 2d popups and the ADF.

HISTORY

2.00 Release

2.02 Adds glass to external views

Adds smoke to Tundra startup

Replaces thumbnail Kenmore Beaver

Corrects airspeed indicator

Just a suggestion:

What about replacing the clock with an ADF instrument and then place a smaller version of the clock where the checklistgauge is placed at present ?

An option to hide/show the controlcolumn would also be nice.

I also hope that the "fixed" ASI will be calibrated in MPH, since all speed references in the manual and the kneeboard refrence section are measured in MPH.

Wothan

First, with all my requests I hope I'm not giving the wrong impression, I really, really enjoy the Beaver X, it's the only thing I've flown in flightsim since released, I probably have 10-15 hours in it already now.

As for the ADF gauge, it doesn't matter to me where it is placed, as long as it is easy to read and it won't be blocked by the yoke.

I would suggest putting it below the VOR gauge, where the Turn Coordinator is now, move the Turn Coordinator to its traditional spot in the 6 pack below the airspeed, and move the clock to where the checklist is, and place the checklist either on the door or on the post in the middle of the windscreen.

• Aerosoft
Just a suggestion:

What about replacing the clock with an ADF instrument and then place a smaller version of the clock where the checklistgauge is placed at present ?

An option to hide/show the controlcolumn would also be nice.

I also hope that the "fixed" ASI will be calibrated in MPH, since all speed references in the manual and the kneeboard refrence section are measured in MPH.

Wothan

The only way to hide the control column is to make internal MDLs without that bit, I'll look at that.

MPH, darned, I forgot about the manual and reference. Got it in knots now, but I think putting it in MPH is just a matter of changing a few characters (and of course the bitmap), will be done today.

Mathijs,

In a couple of posts up you mention 2.02 as the latest update. I have 2.01a but can't find 2.02. Can you steer me in the right direction? I am particularly interested in the a/s correction.

Thanks,

Tom

Mathijs,

In a couple of posts up you mention 2.02 as the latest update. I have 2.01a but can't find 2.02. Can you steer me in the right direction? I am particularly interested in the a/s correction.

Thanks,

Tom

• Aerosoft
Mathijs,

Thanks,

Tom

the download version is now 2.02 but I will upgrade that to 2.03 today, one update that will bring ALL versions up to 2.03 will be available later today.

• Aerosoft

the download version is now 2.02 but I will upgrade that to 2.03 today, one update that will bring ALL versions up to 2.03 will be available later today.

Edit on that... we found a bug that I really like to fix, 2,03 might be a bit later.

• Aerosoft
Mathijs,

Will the 2.03 update include an ADF receiver as well?

yes, I hope to complete it today, but things are a bit stressed today.

2.03 Adds glass to external views

Adds smoke to Tundra startup

Replaces thumbnail Kenmore Beaver

Corrects airspeed indicator

Adds ADF instead of clock

Airfile tweaks

Whiskey compass fix

Strengthening of ski gear

Hi Mathijs,

I tried to re-download the Beaver (link is valid until 2008) but my file was the same AS_BEAVERX_200.zip already downloaded.

How can I obtain updated versions? Are there any patches like 01a?

Thanks

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

I tried to re-download the Beaver (link is valid until 2008) but my file was the same AS_BEAVERX_200.zip already downloaded.

How can I obtain updated versions? Are there any patches like 01a?

Thanks

Mmmm, should be AS_BEAVERX_202.zip and about 2k smaller then the original. I will check out tomorrow when the server peeps are back in the office.