Beaver X external view windows missing (solved)

davidv

It seems the windows in external view are missing, there is no reflection effects, just 100% transparent texture. I edited the prop texture to be clear (I find the flickering bothers me), would this have an effect on them?

The windows on other planes in FSX work fine for me, and the internal view reflections seem to work fine, and in external the reflections on the metal parts works fine as well.

Great job overall btw, I love the new VC, including the clock.

(See new pic in reply below)

• Aerosoft
1 - sorry for the large pic, forgot to resize!

2 - another friend of mine just bought the beaver, same prob with the windows.

One of the issues the SDK from MS does not cover at this moment (as far as I know, will investigate of course).As far as we can see the issue is related to the fact transparent textures in scenery are not possible right now.

What I'm noticing is that the windscreen and side window glass is not showing at all for me in external view. It looks like there's no window at all. In the pictures on the website and on this forum you can see window glass. Not the end of the world but it looks a bit odd. Just want to make sure we are on the same page here.

• Aerosoft
What I'm noticing is that the windscreen and side window glass is not showing at all for me in external view. It looks like there's no window at all. In the pictures on the website and on this forum you can see window glass. Not the end of the world but it looks a bit odd. Just want to make sure we are on the same page here.

Darned you are right... let me look into this today, could be I was a bit behind versions and the installer missed somethings.

• Aerosoft

Darned you are right... let me look into this today, could be I was a bit behind versions and the installer missed somethings.

Okay, I was indeed misinformed. Problem solved. The issue was in the fall back texture folders and can be solved by unzipping the attached file in the FSX main folder. It will overwrite all 45 texture.cfg files.

I'm just a bit confused here. I don't see this problem even though I downloaded the plane at about the same time the fix was posted. The fix files are newer than the files in my download, however. Ought I to install the fix or is it unnecessary?

Thanks, Robert

• Aerosoft
I'm just a bit confused here. I don't see this problem even though I downloaded the plane at about the same time the fix was posted. The fix files are newer than the files in my download, however. Ought I to install the fix or is it unnecessary?

Thanks, Robert

Do add the new files...