use rudder pedals

raptor84

Hi,

I have the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals that I use when flying the C-172 but I don't use it for the A320. When I maneuver the aircraft on the ground, I use the yoke as a steering wheel. Normally I go to the FSX setting page and put a checkmark in the "auto rudder" box. Does the Aerosoft A320/321 allow me to steer the aircraft on the ground using my yoke rather than the rudder pedals? What I like to do is, when flying manual on approach, I like to use the rudder pedal I have but I don't want to use the rudder pedal while on the ground to steer the aircraft while taxiing to/from gate/runway. I thought I read something in the manual about this but could you confirm? Thnks.

brgds

On 11/21/2015, 5:51:23, mopperle said:

If you have another free axis, you can assign this one to the tiller. What happens when you set in the right MCDU "Autorudder ON"

Sorry for the late response. I did a few flight test, touch-n-go's. Now, in the FSX setting page, I did not put a check mark in the "auto rudder" box. Attached is what the right MDCU looks like, at least for me. So, while taxiing on the ramp, I'm able to steer the aircraft on the ground and turn or roll aircraft left/right while in the air using my CH sim yoke (this is good, that's what I want). As for using the rudder pedal, I can use both the rudder pedal and yoke to steer the aircraft while on the ground at the same time. While in the air, of course I can use the rudder pedals to yaw left/right even thought the right MDCU says "auto rudder" is on. That part is fine. Now, my next problem is, when I don't have the rudder pedals connected to my PC, my CH sim yoke has a button that I assign as the brakes (no problem there). However, once I connect my rudder pedals to the PC, I configure the top portion of it for the brakes, left toe for left brake and right toe for right brake. The issue I'm experience now is, once I'm on the ground and I use the brakes using the rudder pedals, it does slow the aircraft down as it should but even though I remove my feet off the rudder pedals and try to use the button that I assigned as the brakes on my sim yoke, it doesn't work. In fact, it appears that using the rudder pedals as the brakes and removing my foot off the pedal that the "brakes" alert are still applied, as the attached photo indicate. So, in order for me to remove the "brakes" from the lower left hand of the screen, I have to do control + . function. Any thoughts to why this is occurring?

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

I had this same issue (parking brake stuck on requiring "Ctrl + ." to release) while taxing on the ground and it was fixed when I checked (reverse) under the control axis settings for the brakes.  Now I can use my brake pedals without setting the parking brake which then had to be released.  "Ctrl + ." still sets and releases the parking brake however sometimes I have to do it more than one time to get it to stay on.  I've been having this issue of stuck parking brake for a very long time even with other airplanes besides the AB so my thanks to the person above who mentioned the remedy.  One thing that I've noticed is that "button 1" on my yoke has no effect on braking and must be done with my pedals which are very touchy to use smoothly due to the fact that they aren't fastened down. 

Archived