Loading and engine start issues

andqui

I'm using FSX Steam edition, with the latest (?) hotfix 1.30f applied. When I first load the aircraft, I can use the right MCDU to change the panel state. Choosing cold and dark or ground turn works just fine. However, I'm having trouble loading the aircraft.

If I try entering a number of passengers, "75", I get a "not allowed" message on the MCDU. Parking brake is on, engines are off, and all doors are open. If I enter 0, it works, but I get "not allowed" for a non-zero number of passengers. The same thing happens with the cargo entry, and the fuel entry. Any time I try to enter a non-zero amount I get "not allowed". If I try to load aircraft using the load sheet entry, it goes red and the text entry boxes for the various load values disappear. The load file is present in the documents/aerosoft/airbus/loadsheets folder, and it looks to contain the values I asked for in the fuel planner.

Finally, I can't start the engines, either by selecting the "taxi" or "take-off" aircraft situations or starting the engines myself. They spool up ok, and fuel flow starts to rise, but at the end of the start sequence the fuel flow drops to 0 and the engine dies, and I get the orange tank indication on the fuel ecam and fault lights on the fuel pump push buttons on the overhead.

Any ideas?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is something totally wrong with your installation. So do the following:

1. Uninstall the Airbus by following these instructions: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/100871-installing-131/

2. downlaod the latest version of the Airbus which is 1.31 from your shopaccount

3. If you never got the MS FSX installed before you installed FSX:SE, it is very important that simconnect is installed properly

I bought the airbus bundle from simmarket a few days ago, and this (1.30) was the version of the installers provided. How do I get the full 1.31 installer? The airbus bundle isn't in my aerosoft shop account.

Simconnect is installed properly, I have several other addons working without problems.

thanks for the help 

• Deputy Sheriffs

The new 1.31 installer should be available soon at simmarket.

Your srceenshots only show zeros in all values (max/act) which is not correct. So Something is wrong, not with the software, but with the installation.

OK, did a full reinstall with 1.31, this time it went much better. Loading works fine and the engines keep running after start.

1) Now having an issue loading the aircraft states. Each one goes to cold and dark (as in everything shut off, including displays)

2) Is 1.31 not available for the 319/318?

I think I found the problem; when I reinstalled, I deleted the documents/Aerosoft/Airbus folder, and when re-installing the installer didn't make a new one. So now the aircraft states are gone, and the configuration manager won't start because the various ini's are absent. Is there any way I can repair this rather than re-installing now that I have things generally working? Any way I can get a new documents/aerosoft/airbus folder to just unzip?

• Deputy Sheriffs

We saw that problem yesterday at other customers too. 

On their machine the "Airbus" folder was created below 

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

You can move it to

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Aerosoft

and it should work again.

This problem will be investigated today.

Ok. Now, when copying that over to it's proper place, the aircraft situations work again..... but now I'm back to the problem of not being able to load the aircraft, 0.0 max weights and such

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please re-download the 1.31 package (btw: the A318/A319 is also released in the meantime) and do the installation again. Make sure to remove the previous setup completely prior to the new installation.

Tom,

I've just updated again with v131 download. The App date and time shows 04/11/2015 11:09.

I uninstalled v131 (App date and time 03/11/2015 08:00), cleared the folders etc and installed the later v131 in P3D V2. Again the simulator won't run and I get the message "SimObject Display Engine for FSX/P3D has stopped working". I've checked the location of the airbus folder and it is in C:\Users\....\My Documents\Aerosoft\

Regards,

Barry

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived