Not all aircraft we re-loaded - need help

freshym

I had to re install FSX and that included all my addons including the Airbus 319-321 packages. I noticed that not all aircraft liveries were loaded. even though I have the paint kits available. I know how to load other paint kits but to be honest its tedious and I have spent all day getting my FSX back to some semblance of order. Is there a quick way of doing it ?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you mark teh checkbox "show all variants" in the aircraft selection? And if you reinstalled everything, of course you have to reinstall all paints not being part of the original installer.

I have posted this in the past but here again is the EASIEST / QUICKEST method of " saving " any installed repaints that you have acquired . With each update for the Bus , including the " imminent " ( where have I heard that before ? ) V1.31 and later V1.4 when uninstalling you lose any installed repaints . Too late to help freshym ( this time ) but hopefully will help others .

Solution is to copy each of the Aerosoft Airbus folders ( before uninstalling ) , for example Aerosoft Airbus A318 CFM and do this with all the others ( 7 in total , the Base folders are not need ) . Place the folders outside of FSX . Open each folder and remove all files and folders EXCEPT the texture folders and aircraft.cfg . When this is done open the aircraft.cfg with NOTEPAD and remove everything AFTER the [FLTSIM.?] entries starting with [AIRPLANE_GEOMETRY] then Save .

Before adding / editing anything in your new Airbus install , copy each aircraft.cfg , from each folder by RIGHT clicking your mouse, select COPY , move to an empty section of your screen , RIGHT click and select PASTE . This ensures that you have the original cfg should anything go wrong .

After installing the Airbus you can then copy the texture folders back into your new setup ( overwriting the original paints supplied by Aerosoft - this tells you , you are installing into the CORRECT folder ) . Next open the aircraft.cfg with notepad and do the same with the previously edited aircraft.cfg and copy the [FLTSIM.?] entries overwriting the ones supplied by Aerosoft .

When restarting FSX make sure that you have " Show all variations " ticked . I have done this with each new release and as I wrote this is the easiest and quickest way to achieve this .

Archived