SODE Door parameters with Rome

Vortac12

Unless you are using default aircraft or a very savvy with editing .CFG files, you can not get the doors to line up correctly.  The section that describes the door alignment in the manual for Mega Airport Rome, is very vague.  I am neither of the things listed above.

Does anyone have a corrected file for use with the Aerosoft Airbuses or PMDG aircraft.  I tried figuring these things out on my own but I am totally lost.  I thought I had it figured out but I ended up "breaking something"  In my example I landed a A320 at Mega Airport Rome and went to dock.  The dock met the door with the top of the dock almost in the middle.  Simple answer to this is that obviously the height needs changed.  I also got a message that states there are no parameters for the A320IAE.  So I went and made a parameter using the values found tin the exit.0 of the A320IAE .CFG folder.  I later confirmed that this were the incorrect numbers to use.

The manual for MEGA LIRF says that I have to change the .CFG files and that to me seems odd. To may if I am to change those numbers it sounds like I am visually moving the door on the model and I shouldn't be changing that. 

Any help or clarification is greatly appreciated. 

I would like to find out if this SODE can be disabled.  The use of SHFT - Hyphen for the command key is unfortunate, since it is also a code used to zoom the display and it is annoying to have the command window for SODE pop up when I want to adjust my cockpit display.  There are better ways to control jetways, such as GSX or ASE.

When I am arriving at LIRF; I get lined up on the J line; go to Locked Spot view directly over the nose and stop when L1 or L2 door lines up with a jetway. I don't pay attention to the marshaller or the line up numbers. They always park me in the incorrect position. I'm not screwing around with any config files and causing a problem somewhere else.

I would like to find out if this SODE can be disabled.  The use of SHFT - Hyphen for the command key is unfortunate, since it is also a code used to zoom the display and it is annoying to have the command window for SODE pop up when I want to adjust my cockpit display.  There are better ways to control jetways, such as GSX or ASE.

You can change the zoom button in the controls of FSX and reassign a different key.  I also think you can use TAB+S to open the SODE window.

That's a good suggestion. The challenge is to find a code that doesn't conflict with the many codes used by the plane flying (usually the LDS 767 for me), FSX, and other stuff. It looks like, after studying the code lists for FSX and the LDS767 that there are some TAB + [Letter Key] codes open that I can change some of the view commands to in FSX so they don't conflict with either SODE or the 767, but heaven only knows what other 3rd party add-ons may prove troublesome.  Trial end error will be the only way to find out!

Archived