Restart with CFD

DMacAir1

Simmers, Quick question regarding CFD in the Airbus. Recently discovered it with a friend, and it's absolutely incredible, but there is one thing we're still having issues with. I am prone to getting the occasional CTD, and so when I got one last flight, I restarted and tried to reconnect but got a connection error. Now, I know the panel states need to be the same for connection to occur, though I haven't been able to select a panel state in-flight. So with that, does anyone have any idea on how to reconnect after a sim crash? Regards, Derek

Yes sir, and I believe this is written in the manual.

While airborne, save the flight. 

From the main FSX screen, load into a Default FSX aircraft.

Then via the FSX menu. Load the saved flight.

If you want to connect to CFD, Pause the flight BEFORE you save it. This way you'll both start paused, and you can both unpause after you've connected.

The above procedure can be used to save a flight so that someone can join you on a flight you have in progress.  It can also be used at the gate if you're waiting for someone to join you and you want to save time by per-flighting the aircraft.

I hope this helps.

Archived