Trim Oscillation

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this question has already been resolved, but I have yet to find any solution. During my windows 8 upgrade, I have had to use fsuipc as this is the only way to use FSX and windows 8. I also upgraded from 1.121 to 1.30. The problem is that during manual flight, the trim has horrible oscillations which practically make the aircraft unflyable. I returned to 1.121 thinking the upgrade was the problem, only to find the issue still remained. I have created a video to demonstrate the issue of the trim going back and forward. Any input would be great, I want to get back into the air as soon as possible! :help_s:

On another note, any other aircraft does not have the same effect, PMDG, A2A, Captian Sim are all good

Thanks

Henri

• Deputy Sheriffs

1. make sure that you Hotfix 1.30f applied

2. without any further details, like aircraft setup (FCU, MCDU..), weather ..... no chance to help you

2. without any further details, like aircraft setup (FCU, MCDU..), weather ..... no chance to help you

Ok, will do

I might add also that on these occurr with any weather condition and FCU setup regerdless

Henri

Hi,

I have updated fully to 1.30f, unfortunately the problem still remains. Below is a video departing EGGP in 2 different situations, clear and windy, in both instances before departure, the right hand MCDU is set to take-off, although the problem still happens when set up from cold and dark. When the aircraft is flying without stick input, the oscillations calm down, but as in the video, when the stick is pulled back, the trim becomes more violent.

I'm not sure of any other info to provide...

Thanks

Henri

And what is your problem now? As you make pitch commands autotrim moves the THS.

The trim keeps on going up and down rendering it rather difficult to fly, in previous experiences with this product before FSUIPC, the trim only made adjustments to keep the angle of the command sent by the stick. It is hard to explain. Basically, the elevator trim is unnecessarily moving upwards and downwards, without any input from me.

Henri

Ok, and this is not due to turbulences? Have you tested it with clear sky? FPS? If you suspect FSUIPC then turn it off and see what happens (just takeoff with mouse steering).

Ok, and this is not due to turbulences? Have you tested it with clear sky? FPS? If you suspect FSUIPC then turn it off and see what happens (just takeoff with mouse steering).

In the video I posted above, the first part of the video is clear sky. It demonstrated the weather is not a factor. As for FPS, I have it constantly locked at 30 through Nvidia Inspector. Thanks for the recommendation regarding FSUIPC, i'll give it a shot.

Henri

OK, I temporarily disabled FSUIPC and the problem is no longer present! This must mean that FSUIPC is the fault!. Although, I would assume that such a complex aircraft would be compatible with FSUIPC...

Henri

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are using FSUIPC for your controls and also for weather? Please disable ALL weather in FSUIPC and try again.

About compatibility: if another add on injects turbulences into FSX/P3D then EVERY aircraft will feel them. If it responds to them depends on the developer of the aircraft. Seeing the Aerosoft Airbus responding to turbulences is a sign of quality, not incompatibility!

Are using FSUIPC for your controls and also for weather? Please disable ALL weather in FSUIPC and try again.

About compatibility: if another add on injects turbulences into FSX/P3D then EVERY aircraft will feel them. If it responds to them depends on the developer of the aircraft. Seeing the Aerosoft Airbus responding to turbulences is a sign of quality, not incompatibility!

Dont get me wrong, the AXE is a quality aircraft, worth every penny.

Just checked FSUIPC and no weather options are checked so looks as through it is done through Default FSX. On another note, I am running FSX classic if this helps.

Thanks

Henri

Do you have any other weather add on running, like ASN ?

Not currently no, only FSXWX for real world weather, which is an external program which just sends data to the default system... during the tests, the weather was turned off, and only default weather was used...

Henri

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, then it really looks like FSUIPC still does something with either your controls or your weather that causes this problem on your machine.

But this is most definitely not a general problem, as several hundreds (or more) user have the bus and FSUIPC and no such problems, including me.

I would suggest you start to "play creatively" with the FSUIPC configuration to see if you find the problem causing feature/configuration.

Well, then it really looks like FSUIPC still does something with either your controls or your weather that causes this problem on your machine.

But this is most definitely not a general problem, as several hundreds (or more) user have the bus and FSUIPC and no such problems, including me.

I would suggest you start to "play creatively" with the FSUIPC configuration to see if you find the problem causing feature/configuration.

Thanks for your help, I'll fiddle around, but if to no avail, I may have to re-install FSX. I will notify of any solutions that crop up

Thanks again

Henri

Right, I finally found a solution! :excellenttext_s:

The solution is to leave the elevator and aileron axis in fsuipc un-processed.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Henri

• 3 weeks later...

Archived