F4 to accelerate to takeoff on A320/1 IAE

Hi,

Can someone reproduce the following?

I press the F4 key on the keyboard to start the acceleration down the runway but since 130 to 130e the A321 IAE (or A320 IAE) only reaches a speed of around 60 - 80 and cannot get to say 140 or higher. However, if I hold down the F4 key then it accelerates normally and reaches take-off speed and the aircraft takes off, but you hear the constant clicking sound of holding down the F4 key.

I uninstalled the Airbus, deleted the appropriate files, rebooted Windows 7 and reinstalled it but the problem continues.

There is no problem with the A320 CFM and A321 CFM when pressing the F4 key to accelerate down the runway.

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

the product requirements clearly state the need of a device to connect with the throttle. I am afraid to say, but if it has worked before SP3 for you it was actually by chance and not by intention.

Do you have a joystick with an axis for the throttle? If so, does it show the same behavior?

From the product page (http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=13112&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english):

System requirements:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (V2)
Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 (all fully updated) (64 bit version highly recommended)
3.0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor or equivalent system recommended)
2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
Mouse with mouse wheel (please note the controller and mouse with mouse wheel are absolutely needed)
3D Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (2 GB recommended)
Control unit (joystick) with throttle and rudder control
Download-Size: 1 GB
Installations-Size: 2.5 GB

Hi,

Can someone reproduce the following?

I press the F4 key on the keyboard to start the acceleration down the runway but since 130 to 130e the A321 IAE (or A320 IAE) only reaches a speed of around 60 - 80 and cannot get to say 140 or higher. However, if I hold down the F4 key then it accelerates normally and reaches take-off speed and the aircraft takes off, but you hear the constant clicking sound of holding down the F4 key.

I uninstalled the Airbus, deleted the appropriate files, rebooted Windows 7 and reinstalled it but the problem continues.

There is no problem with the A320 CFM and A321 CFM when pressing the F4 key to accelerate down the runway.

Thanks.

I would assume that pressing the F4 would only take it to the first detent, hold down would advance you to TO/GA.

Archived