Suggestion: road and relief maps

Hi,

I found a topic about this, but it's more than a year old and has been locked. It would be very handy to have an overlay with road and/or relieve maps. Most of us think of "Google maps" but any other open source will just do.

Thanks for taking this suggestion into consideration.

Bests,

Hello Ramon,

As I answered to you in another post, PFPX is a flight planner but not a tool to be used in flight.

Anyway when you fly IFR you do not need roads or railroads on the maps. You have already a good bit of information on the PFPX world map sufficient to plan your flights. If needed you have VFR charts available on the Internet.

Regards,

JP

To say the truth, my suggestion have nothing to do with strict flight planning. I was more thinking in being able to recongnize the spots I'm flying along my route. I agree the current map is enough for flight planning purposes. But for me making "virtual tourism" is a very important part of the fun of flight simulation. I usually fly online and I like to check my position using the WebEye map.

PFPX is a flight planner but not a tool to be used in flight.

Actually, the traffic tab shows your position along the flight, and I thought it would be nice to be able to visualize the route over a topographic and/or relief map. But of course, and as Mykyta Demidyuk, other improvements are much more useful than this one.

Thanks for your comments :-)

The problem with Grid Moras is licensing the datasource.

I know for our flight planning system at my airline, the grid moras are an additional 10000 USD fee on an annual basis.

Archived