VRi FCU Combo and A319/318

MSR_CEO

Hi

I have the VRi FCU Combo and I want to use it with A319 as I used to do with AXE.

The problem is that the VRi forum is not available right now, could I have some help please?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers...

I am working on an update to the LINDA utility v2.1 and module for the A318/319. It should be available for beta testing shortly. LINDA 2.0.8 using the older A320/321 module works with the Airbus FCU but does not implement all the new functionality (ie. Weather radar). Search for LINDA AVSIM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello.

Regarding this topic, I have a VRinsight FCU Combo running LINDA 2.0.8 with some custom modifications to allow for ground and weather radar usage.

I've noticed that when using the autopilot in TRK/FPA selected mode it's possible to change the flight path angle (just like you would do with vertical speed selected mode), but it's impossible to change the selected Track digits.

The reason for this is that the code for the heading rotary button lacks the information on the variable for the TRK mode.

Here is a comparisson between the V/S rotary AP mode, with both V/S and FPA correctly implemented, and the HDG/TRK mode with only HDG mode implemnted:

function AB_VS_plus ()

if ipc.readLvar("AB_AP_HDGTRK") == 0 then
LVarSet = "L:AB_AP_VS_Select2"
LVarGet = ipc.readLvar(LVarSet)
if LVarGet <= 59 then
ipc.writeLvar(LVarSet, LVarGet + 1)
end
else
LVarSet = "L:AB_AP_FPA_Select2"
if LVarGet <= 9.8 then
ipc.writeLvar(LVarSet, LVarGet + 0.1)
end
end

AB_AP_VS_show ()

end

==============================

function AB_HDG_plus ()

LVarSet = "L:AB_AP_HDG_Select"
LVarGet = round(ipc.readLvar(LVarSet))
AddVar = LVarGet + 1

if LVarGet > 359 then
AddVar = 0
end

ipc.writeLvar(LVarSet, AddVar)
AB_AP_HDG_show ()
end

=========================

So... is it possible to know the name of the LVAR for the TRK mode?

Thanks!

Pedro

Pedro

Good to see that you have LINDA 2.0.8 working well with your Airbus FCU panel. Linda 2.1 with an updated A318/A319 module for use with both the Combo II (Boeing) and Airbus FCU panels is in work and beta. This should be available shortly.

The Track Lvar is Autopilot_TRK_set and the flag AB_AP_HDGTRK for switching between HDG/VVS-TRK/FPA modes. The modified AB_HDG_plus function (which you will need to duplicate for other HDG knob functions) is:

function AB_HDG_plus ()

AB_hdgtrk = ipc.readLvar("L:AB_AP_HDGTRK")
AB_drift = round(ipc.readLvar("L:AB_AP_HDGTRK"))
if AB_hdgtrk == 0 then
LVarSet = "AB_AP_HDG_Select"
else
LVarSet = "Autopilot_TRK_set"
end
AddVar = LVarGet + 1
if AddVar > 359 then
AddVar = 0
end
DspHDG(AddVar)
ipc.sleep(20)
ipc.sleep(100)
end
Similar changes need to be made in your HDG display function (within your Airbus module).

Pedro

Good to see that you have LINDA 2.0.8 working well with your Airbus FCU panel. Linda 2.1 with an updated A318/A319 module for use with both the Combo II (Boeing) and Airbus FCU panels is in work and beta. This should be available shortly.

The Track Lvar is Autopilot_TRK_set and the flag AB_AP_HDGTRK for switching between HDG/VVS-TRK/FPA modes. The modified AB_HDG_plus function (which you will need to duplicate for other HDG knob functions) is:

function AB_HDG_plus ()

AB_hdgtrk = ipc.readLvar("L:AB_AP_HDGTRK")
AB_drift = round(ipc.readLvar("L:AB_AP_HDGTRK"))
if AB_hdgtrk == 0 then
LVarSet = "AB_AP_HDG_Select"
else
LVarSet = "Autopilot_TRK_set"
end
AddVar = LVarGet + 1
if AddVar > 359 then
AddVar = 0
end
DspHDG(AddVar)
ipc.sleep(20)
ipc.sleep(100)
end
Similar changes need to be made in your HDG display function (within your Airbus module).

Thank you so much, Scotflieger!

I'm looking forward to your update on Linda.

Later today I'll modify my files with the code you've given and report back.

Pedro

Archived