UHPP - Kamchatka no runway lights

Bonez942

I just purchased Kamchatka and installed the scenery and noticed that I have no runways lights. No PAPI, no runway edge lights, no centerline lights. I have the blue taxi way edge lights leading up to the runway. This is the only airport that is like this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing seems to fix the problem. Also, I noticed that I did not have an AFCAD included in the auto installer. I had to download the one from Blaunarwal. Any ideas as to why I have no lights? My installer that I have for the scenery is v1.10. Thanks.

Shaun Harper

post-105387-0-92066500-1394994055_thumb.

Did you Run the Setup as Administrator?

And try to use a program like "Internet Download Manager". I had a similar Problem, but this Programm helped me.

Good luck.

Watch our Channel at youtube

AviationControl

I ran the setup in Admin. I didn't have any problems downloading the program either. The file size was 1.23G so it appears to have downloaded correctly. I'm open to anything so I'll try downloading it again with a download manager and see if that helps any. Thanks.

Shaun Harper

I discovered that the installer turned off the stock AFCAD. I thought this was a little strange as no other add-on scenery that I have ever installed did that. I turned the stock afcad back on and now I have runway lights. I don't know if the scenery designer built the scenery to use the default runway lights or not, but for right now it works so I guess I'll use it.

Shaun Harper

The stock AFCAD is in the following location in your FSX folder. ....\Scenery\1101\Scenery. The following files were changed from BGL to OFF. APX90130.off and BRX90130.off Just change "off" to "bgl" in both files and it'll reactivate the stock AFCAD and you'll have the default runway lights. Again, this is just a work around that I discovered to get some type of runway lights. I don't know if the developer intended for the default lights to be used or not.

Shaun Harper

Its FSX w acceleration win 7pro 64 bit. I see only the blue taxiway at the end no other lights at all.

I bought Kamchatka today. I run the installer as admin even though I am admin in this PC.

Same set up as kramer.

No runway lights, no PAPI, nothing, only the blue taxiway lights at the far northwest end.

If I reactivate the .off files its a mess. the stock runways are one step to the west from the existing parallel ones and the lighting becomes a mess with both stock and RU Design scenery in view.

I hope a solution can be found because the way it is now it is a day only, good weather only, airport.

Question to Aerosoft: is there a way I can contact the developer (RU Design Team) for some support in this problem with their product ?

To recap:

Win7 64 - FSX Accel - English local settings

No other add on's in area of UHPP

Installation as admin.

Runway lights (and lights 3D objects) do not show up, only taxiway at far northwest end towards the civil apron as in the screenshot of Bonez942.

If I reactivate the .off files of folder ..FSX\Scenery\1101\Scenery\ to .BGL lights do show up (including the 3D runway edge light objects which were hidden before) but the 2 stock MS AFD files have the two runways completely different one runway-to-runway distance step to the west with them being displayed BELOW (and intermixed with) Kamchatka add on scenery. The two MS stock runways are both lit but for example, the stock MS 34L is where add on Kamchatka scenery apron is and stock MS 34R is where add on Kamchatka scenery 34L is. Add on Kamchatka scenery 34R is as a 3rd runway to the eastern end in parallel so you end up with 3 parallel runways (by stock MS and Kamchatka combined).

So this workaround does not help.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

For users having the same trouble with me on the issue posted:

I am already in contact with Aerosoft support department and when I have news I will report back so that we share any news.

In the meantime I have found a temporary fix solution to be able to fly to this airport.

I created myself from scratch the necessary AFD file missing that fixes the problem properly (for FSX).

DOWNLOAD here.

It includes simple installation instructions.

Before and after screesnhots.

post-29879-0-50533000-1396506942_thumb.j

post-29879-0-78258700-1396506951_thumb.j

post-29879-0-59775400-1396506958_thumb.j

My idea originated from the above post of Bonez942.

The suggested solution was a bypass of the problem without properly fixing it since stock MS AFD files have the airport in nearby location and not exactly below the subject add on scenery. So I created the AFD file from scratch following the add on Kamchatka scenery laying above it.

The only part of my work you see are the blue taxiway lights, windsocks and taxiway signs. The rest lies below and guides AI (or you!) properly when it comes to parking positions (parking positions numbered according to real UHPP charts), taxi routes, runway in use etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived