FUEL: AUTO TRANSFER FAULT

socili

any ideas why the message shows up?

post-73909-0-16603900-1357857479_thumb.p

post-73909-0-46776000-1357857488_thumb.p

thx for the new version :-) i can see smoother departure , -1500fps when push on management decent, to intercept the glide profile

mangenta path indicater is still not visible. speed restriction of 250 below 10000ft worked :-) so nice until now.

Hi,

Did you load the fuel using the Airbus X Extended Fuel Planner? Or, did you use the default FSX fuel loader?

It looks like you have a full center tank. In the A320, the wings should be filled first.

I have the same problem after the last new installer and using default FSX fuel loader. wings 50% center 50%

I'm sorry, but did you even read the post exactly above yours? :mallet_s::P

It says why does it happen.

will try the loader, i think when i remember correctly i didnt use the FS fuel loader, bud i didnt use the axe flue loder either. i started with the fuel given by the default flight. so i will use the axe fuel loder now before every flight :-)

that may solve the post of Villan_au

Better use the Fuelplanner.

When fueling an Airbus, the centertenk is only to be filled if the wingtanks ar full i.e if You have the wing tanks less than full, then the centertanks should be empty.

On the ground or in the air with flaps still extended, fuel will be drawn from the wingtanks until You are in the air with gear and flaps retracted.

Finn

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

First of all, I'd like to say AXE 1.04 is AMAZING !!! (was waiting for keyboard throttle for a bit)

I got this error too, and I thought it was really nice to get an error/fault, adds something to the sim flight experience :)

Tried looking for the real life logic of an empty centre tank and full wings, without luck. Anybody know why ? Does it help in stability, centre of gravity ... to have heavy wings ?

Another question/curiosity is ... does this ECAM alert show because the plane thinks there must be an error if Center tank is not empty with Wings not 100% ?

thanks !!!

In most airliners You fill the wingtanks first, then when they are fully fileed, You start adding additional fuel to the center tank(s).

Fuel use is then to empty the center tank(s) first before emptying the wing tanks.

Since the wing tanks can gravity feed the engines due to their position above the engines, they are regarded as safer.

Thats also why on the Airbus with Fuel mode set to auto that whenever slats are extended fuel will be taken from the wingtanks in favor of the center tank.

Finn

Tried looking for the real life logic of an empty centre tank and full wings, without luck. Anybody know why

Full center tank with no or little fuel in the wing tanks would cause too high strain for the structure at the wing/fuselage joint.

Archived