Exterior views and EZDok

boeing247

Is anybody having issues with EZDok? I disabled the view system via the MCDU, but whenever I switch to an exterior view, the interior model is still present, and the camera is pointed directly up at the sky. When I switch to a different exterior view or press the shortcut key again, everything returns to normal, but it's a hassle to have to switch view twice when transitioning from interior to exterior.

Thanks,

Bram Osterhout

Remember when using EZDok that it's mandatory to disable default FSX key presets for views, such as: A , S, shift+A and shift+S, as the say in the manual to avoid conflicts

Same Issue,

For starters I turned of the View System and imported the EZDOK camera set which I have saved as my default cameras. Once imported Most of the times I’ll need to adjust the cameras for each aircraft type.

The issue I have is I’m unable to use the aircraft cameras for wing views. When panning around the aircraft to adjust the views all I can see is the external cockpit, no wings, airframe or fin. Internal views of the flight deck works fine.

Karl

Do you run the EZCA Config.exe after you installed AXE. I don't have AXE yet but when I have experienced strange behavior with EZCA, it is usually because I forgot to run the config.

I did run EZCA Config, but when I loaded the Extended, my predefined views from the regular Airbus X (not extended) carried over, so I'm thinking that might be behind it.

Had the same issue. I reinstalled EZCA because the configuration tool didn't improve things. It is working now, only thing is sometimes I have to hit the key for the wingviews twice. The two addons don't seem to like each other :0)

Okay guys here some steps for you how to use EZDOK with it:

1. after installing or changing the aircraft.cfg´s use the config tool of EZDOK

2. loading FSX

3. load the plane and open the EZDOK conf. tool (shift+D)

4. make sure you have done all the entire requirements explained in the EZDOK manual (deleting specific views in the FSX like A/S buttons.. etc)

5. be sure you have defined the right buttons in EZDOK for using the view switching

6. delete all entries shown up in the EDZOK config tool for this plane

7. add new camera positons like you want to use them

8. adjust the camera positions which the effects you would like to have

You do not need to remove the camera entries in the aircraft.cfg for it.

If there are any issues after this, please come back to us.

Kind regards,

Sascha

Thanks Sascha, I'm having same issues with latest version of EZDok 1.17, and TIR doesn't work either (version 5.2), although EZdok recognises TIR is installed. TIR worked fine before installing EZDok.

I'm going to try a downgrade with older versions both EZDok and TIR to check if it works. I'll let you know.

Yes please can't make it work. EZDOK works in default planes but not in Airbus. Run the config program but none cameras show in Airbus, all blank, I can't even add any camera

Okay guys here some steps for you how to use EZDOK with it:

1. after installing or changing the aircraft.cfg´s use the config tool of EZDOK

2. loading FSX

3. load the plane and open the EZDOK conf. tool (shift+D)

4. make sure you have done all the entire requirements explained in the EZDOK manual (deleting specific views in the FSX like A/S buttons.. etc)

5. be sure you have defined the right buttons in EZDOK for using the view switching

6. delete all entries shown up in the EDZOK config tool for this plane

7. add new camera positons like you want to use them

8. adjust the camera positions which the effects you would like to have

You do not need to remove the camera entries in the aircraft.cfg for it.

If there are any issues after this, please come back to us.

Kind regards,

Sascha

Still no luck. I made sure all the default FSX view buttons were deleted (A, S, Shift-A, Shift-S, F9-F12), deleted all the exterior views for the Extended in EZDok, and created them again, but I've still go the same problem.

As soon as EZDok is activated the main screen tilts to the lower left, and is not able to center it again (ctrl+shft) only by using the mouse look.

And when setting a new look (ecam, fcu or spot) by using the pre-defined ones it wont work, the only thing that work is creating a new look from the first look and then start floating to where u want a new look.

I have no problem importing one of my custom sets on the 320 and using the default views adjusting them to my liking in EZDock 1.17 with 321. Only problem I can see is having to double click the hotkey for exterior views.

Only problem I can see is having to double click the hotkey for exterior views.

Yes, this was one of the sacrifices that had to be made to get the Airbus X Extended view panels to work correctly whilst using Ezdok.

Yes, this was one of the sacrifices that had to be made to get the Airbus X Extended view panels to work correctly whilst using Ezdok.

Yeah I`ve seen this issue with the Lancair Legacy but //quotiing// out the hotkey= section in the camera definition worked. I`ve tried it with the bus and re ran the EZCA.cfg tool and still no luck. There has to be some way around it.

I `ll post if I come up with something

Doogie

Oke so I managed to create some views for the a320.

Download them here and let me know if its any good.

http://netload.in/datei7kg3E4wEB6/EZDokA32XViewsv1.rar.htm

Hello guys,

regarding EZCA: For me, what worked to get rid of all the problems, was to reinstall EZCA and delete the hotkey assignments in aircraft.cfg (as Mathijs post on the forum explains).

Kiber: Gonna try right away. Thanks

Is there any way to completely remove the Airbus X Extended view system to remove the issue?

Think I've found the problem that makes EZDok not to work properly along with AXE...

make sure you guys have ezcaconnect.dll in C:/windows/system32.

If not, just look for it, should be anywhere in your HD and copy it to that folder.

Let me know if it works.

Archived