Cannot turn on batteries after SP1

Bianfable

Yesterday I upgraded the CRJ from 1.0.5 to 1.2.0 (clean reinstall after uninstalling previous version).

There seems to be an issue with the batteries since then: I load up my default flight (default trike), then switch to the CRJ (loads with engines running, etc.) and use DAVE to go to "Cold & Dark" state. When I turn on the battery switch now, everything remains dark. I can hear the sound of the switch and about one second later I hear the same sound again (as if the switch would return to off), but I can see the switch in the on position. Even after a minute, all screens and buttons remains dark. I was able to use DAVE to switch to the "Ready for engine start" state and continue my flight.

Affected version: 1.2.0

Affected aircraft: CRJ-700 (-900 not tested yet)

FS: FSX-SE

Addons running: ActiveSkyNext, ChasePlane

If it helps narrow the cause of the problem down I don't see that in FSX:SE with either the v 1.2.0 700 or 900.  The battery switch moves and the appropriate systems come to life.

I do see a possible issue with Dave in that the first click on a different aircraft state brings up the "Aircraft Configuration Complete" message at the top of the screen but the configuration doesn't change even after waiting several minutes.  Clicking the same state icon a second time does however get it to change immediately.  I'll investigate further and start a new thread if necessary.

Andy L

Interesting. I will check, if I also get this message when going to "Cold and Dark" the first time. Maybe switching the state multiple times will solve this...

I'll report back when I have tested this.

OK, so I get "Aircraft Configuration Complete" every time I switch panel state and it always works the way it should.

The battery switch however still does not work. I can hear the click sound for the switch continuously in about 2 second intervals after clicking it the first time.

Very interestingly, when turning off the APU in "Ready for Engine Start" state, the aircraft immediately turns cold and dark suggesting that the battery is just empty!?

The "Master Battery (on/off)" is not connected to a keyboard or joystick assignment.

• Developer

The only explanation I have is that something exterior toggles the switch back. What other add-ons do you use? (not aircraft or scenery. More the tool-type sort of add-on like FSUIPC or FSPassengers or similar).

• Developer

I have pretty much the same here. FSX Steam with an unregistered FSUIPC. But I could select the Cold&Dark state and then use the battery switch without any problems. I really don't understand how that can happen.

Archived