Blurry Textures for Naples City

alexdevoto

Good Evening,

lately I have noticed seriously blurry textures for the section of the city of Naples. I am attaching two screenshots as well pc specs (although they should not be an issue). 

i-7700k OC @4.9 (Liquid Cooled)

GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid

16gb ram

p3d on SSD

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Might be a problem of P3Dv4 that does not handle PhotoScenery very well.

Any tweaks in use? Please, try a new Prepar3D.cfg

Just tested it with no affinity mask and the issue is still occurring. Once I land the textures do load. Side note i forgot to mention I also have ORBX Global and Europe LC.

I do not believe that "there simply might not be an answer" is the most professional answer to provide to a paying customer. You also closed my ticket stating the issue is addressed in the forum, where there is no actual answer. Can you please try to help me? At least look into the issue a bit further instead of dismissing it. 

Also, masterhawk, thank you for the further help, but unfortunately LOD or the tweak have no effect at all. This is the only add-on scenery I have "issues"with. That being said, if there is no way to fix the issue so be it, however, I hope a fix for this comes in the future.

• Aerosoft
10 hours ago, alexdevoto said:

I do not believe that "there simply might not be an answer" is the most professional answer to provide to a paying customer. You also closed my ticket stating the issue is addressed in the forum, where there is no actual answer. Can you please try to help me? At least look into the issue a bit further instead of dismissing it. 

Having looked at the original images I think the sim is doing a acceptable job of showing the textures. Keep in mind that the raw images are not always of the same quality. Sometime we (or development teams) are unable to find affordable imagery. 

As I said there simply might not be a 'setting' or 'trick' that changes this. Sorry you feel that is not an acceptable answer. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

The picture has also the same quality on my rig. But what you ae missing is a lot autogen!
You need to load these autogen data: default.xml

I use the autogen merger https://www.scenerydesign.org/autogen-configuration-merger/

You can also try to reinstall.

Archived