An issue with the SIDs in the FMC and a CTD.

Good evening, I believe this is my first post in Aerosoft Forums. 

Well a couple of minutes ago flying the CRJ9 from Phoenix to Amarillo route was FTHLS5 MAXXO CNX TCC J78 PNH approach ILS runway 04.

First issue which I already have seen report in the forums is that the SID is not loading completely, on the FTHLS5 out of runway 26 is climb to 1640' then direct to DAVZZ then VANZZ at or above 8000 then BUNEE then to BROAK ... however when loading the SID, it is sending me direct to BROAK. No big problem I manually add those waypoints and use the autopilot and the heading knob to fly to those points.

Second issue after BUNEE I hit the nav button to resume the route and my simulator (FSX Steam) crashed. 

I'm using Windows 10 Home x64. 

I've attached Windows Reliability Monitor report in case it helps.

Hope this information helps.

Kind Regards.

Jorge.

FSX CTD.txt

Having something similar happen. FMS programmed wrong SIDS runway to KRDU from KLGA. then, I tried to change it within the FMS and the sim crashed. I was trying to back out the SID (since the 05L approach uses different intersections). I had to manually put them in and then delete the old ones. I never did get the FMS to ask me for the correct runway. Sim crashed before I got there.

One good thing is that I find the NAV does work even though others have reported it doesn't. The turns are a bit jerky compared to the Aerosoft A32X birds but the aircraft does follow the route. It does help to get oriented and as close to the NAV line as possible before pushing the NAV button. 

My 2 cents on the product:

Overall, sounds are great, well modeled, no issues with controls (Saitek yoke, throttle, trim wheel, pedals), graphically smooth on my system (FSX SE, i3 7350K 4.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2GB nvidia 750ti video card, 250gb SSD, Win 7 64 bit) even with Drzweicki LGA and Manhattan all turned on. It was a very good purchase and part of my decision to get it was based on the active community and developer involvement in making it better. :)

I have determined that the crash was due to a 3dg.dll module issue. i rolled back to 4.971 FSUIPC and turned auto gen down to normal from dense. Successfully completed a flight. However, I did not try to change the FMS though. Will keep testing this. I figured out how to find and read the crash log and see what caused the issue. I was also using heavy graphics leaving the NYC area so this may have caused the crash.

• 5 weeks later...

I too have had issues with the FMS only loading parts of SIDs.  In a few instances the SIDs have not even had multiple transitions available to select (for example, the ORCKA2 out of KLAX has HAILO, LSV, and BEALE transitions on Navigraph charts but only loads the BEALE transition in the FMS and the other two are not even available to select.  There are also intermediate points on the SID missing.

Archived