Hiding virtual cockpit

ECXGF

Hi. Once I have poped up the displays, crisp and clear by the way, is there any way to remove the VC, so that I have a clean outside view on one monitor and the displays on a second monitor? Or are we condemned to the VC? Sorry if I am being a bit clumsy but cannot find the way to do it. I read the manual and searched the forum but no clue so far. I would appreciate if someone could help me to enjoy this great plane in the layout I have planned. 

Congrats and sincere thumbs up to the developers for such a great plane! Loved to handfly it and navigate it. Well done.

thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry. No way. W does not work. I have tried the logical sequence: views dropdown menu, change view, cockpit. But... VC stays immutable. Shouldnt it work? What am I doing wrong? Any ideas will be welcome.

Have you tried opening the 2D panel view? This should give you a clear view outside as there is no "real" 2D panel modelled in the CRJ.

Yeah, I did but as you say there is no real 2d panels. They are actually preselected VC views, so I always end up in the same culdesac. Thanks, Mathijs and Emanuel for the ideas but sorry to say neither solved my problem. Nobody, EVER, before me tried to get rid of the VC and have a clean outside view just using pop-uped resized displays? Really? Cant believe it. Am I so weird a dog? Somebody must have done this before. 

Thanks in advance. 

Happy new year from the very south of Spain.

Mario,

Sad to say I've had the same problem for years.  Basically if a specific plane doesn't include a 2d option I don't fly it. Which means I don't buy a lot of the planes currently on the market.  If any new plane designer is reading this, HINT HINT!!

Rupert

Thanks Rupert. Yep. That seems to be my problem. It is not a bug or a corrupted intall. It simply seems that it cannot be done the regular way but I am sure there must be other more technical approaches. Adding, deleting or tweaking something in the guts of the cfg files. I am obviously no computer expert but could follow instructions if some expert simmer is so kind to give me directions. I do not want to give up. I love this plane so much. 

Help me guys and make me happy. 

Thanks

I am sorry to disappoint you Mario, but actually no, I'm not aware of any case where a simmer wanted to get rid of the CRJ VC view.

The plane is simply not designed to be used without the VC.

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

I am sorry to disappoint you Mario, but actually no, I'm not aware of any case where a simmer wanted to get rid of the CRJ VC view.

The plane is simply not designed to be used without the VC.

I agree,

See my comment from 31 December.  I feel there are a lot of us out there who don't buy planes because they are "simply not designed to be used without the VC.";)

Rupert

Archived