HGS Advice

Snorre

I understood that the HUD and HGS are not working properly yet. But I saw in the latest readme, that improvements were implemented. After downloading the new version I saw once a perfect HUD display. On the next flight the HUD was almost unusable. 

What did I miss? There is nothing in the manual yet. Or is it better to leave the HUD and the HGS alone for now?

Unfortunately I started the second flight exactly the same way as the first flight, so I have no idea what went wrong. Is there a general guideline available to get it working?

• 2 weeks later...

To come back to my question, maybe I get some advice when I describe what I do:

I set up the airplane via Dave „ready to taxi“, then follow the flows as described, but the HUD shows only the speed tape at the outmost right of its display. That never changes throughout the flight.

The next flight I do exactly the same, and the HUD is working fine.

For arming/using AIII, I enter runway lenght and elevation as well as glideslope in the HGS panel. I tune both radios to the ILS frequency and select nav1 on the pilots side and nav2 on the co pilots side. I enter the course with the two course selectors as well as in the heading selector. I select nav1 and nav 2 respectively on the source selectors and with loc and gs active I expect the AIII symbology but it does not appear.

What am I doing wrong?

Archived