App Modre

Good evening to all, 
i'm new in the forum. I need your help because few days ago i bought the crj. All fine according the bug's, but i've discovered something (maybe never reported) in the bug list and by the users. Basically when i'm selecting the app mode (from hdg, nav, or whatever) i having lost on FPS, then if i'll be back on the others mode all fine. Then i' ve tried to be back in app mode but again low on FPS. 
I hope u guys can help me.
Best regards.
Alberto

Your processor is at the very minimum capable to run the CRJ, so it's already struggling, plus you're running on a integrated graphics card and this also adds to the overall equation. FSX will begin loading airport graphics at about 18nm, and it loads more and more airport graphics while continuing to load autogen graphics, all putting an increased load on your processor which is not only handling all the flight sim computations but the vast majority of graphics processing (something it's not designed to do).  Then you select the approach mode which entails further processing.  So what you're likely seeing is the overall combination of the processing demands. In contrast, running on a i7-4770k with either a GTX960 or GTX 1080 I don't see the problems that you're experiencing.

About the processor, i can't to that much. Instead the vga is a GTX960. Then i would understand if for the entire flight i'm running around 20 fps. But it's so strange that is running only with the app mode ( and yesterday i discovered, that only if the airplane need to follow loc and glide, because i've tried with app (glide only) and nav for the loc, and was running as usual around 30 fps)

• Aerosoft

It is not as strange as you think. FSX is well known to be running fine FPS up to a point and then degrade very fast if you just as a a bit more load. In this case the approach mode, that does indeed demands quite some resources, brings you over that point. 

Well, so quite strange. Cause i have also the pmdg and the airbus x, and it works perfectly. Btw if u please could have a look on it, would be great.

Archived