CRJ does not live up to the expectations

kityatyi1

After days of hesitation, last afternoon I went ahead and bought the CRJ on Simmarket.

Let me be honest. I am not really impressed by this product. Spent six hours on it last night without a break, and another six since I woke up this morning. I really, really wanted to fall in love with this one. But I could not. Average VC textures, average sounds, then the default ground physics, in short the whole thing has that kind of cheap plastic feel to it. Expected way more after seven years in the making. Not saying it's bad but I don't have the same enthusiasm and excitement for it like I do for my A2A, Majestic, PMDG products. Hopefully with time it will grow on me.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I haven't seen any one post of you where you haven't spread any negativity about the CRJ. All posts except this one even before you tried it yourself. You are free to have your own opinion, but with this kind of behavior you do not earn yourself any kind of credibility and positive reputation here.

And of course your main topic, the ground physics, came up again...

• Aerosoft

Ahhh well you can't please 100% of the customers and you clearly expected something else from this product. Sorry about that and we hope we can provide other products you like better in the future.

Please keep in mind to compare products of similar prices though. I would expect a product costing twice as much to be twice as good.  We do feel we provide solid  value for money but if you expect a $99 product while paying $42 you will always be disappointed.

2 hours ago, kityatyi1 said:

After days of hesitation, last afternoon I went ahead and bought the CRJ on Simmarket.

Hello Kitty,

I fly and have a lot of experience with just about every high-end addon aircraft that has been released for FSX/P3D, and I've worked many of them as a beta tester.  I have to say that my impression of the CRJ is exactly opposite of yours, but I realize that there must be a reason for you seeing such a sharp difference than what I'm seeing/experiencing.  I wonder if adjusting your graphic card Brightness, Contrast and especially Gamma might bring the flight deck in line with your expectations?  I mention this because I had to do this initially, as my settings had strayed over the years and setting them for the CRJ actually made other aircraft look better.  Additionally there are the other graphics card settings as well as graphics settings in the flight simulator itself.  My opinion is that the CRJ looks almost as good as the Majestic Dash 8 and NGX, and I have extensive experience with both of those aircraft.  Anyway, give it a shot and see how it works out for you.

We've been open about the Ground Friction issue from the start, and you can find several posts/comments about this.  It's something Hans is still looking at.

Not at all sure what you mean by average sounds, at least on my speakers they sound very good.

I have three guys with 20 years or more experience flying high-end commercial airliners in FSX/P3D and they are all very happy with the CRJ.  Of course there are things that will be improved on in time, but the same was true when the PMDG NGX was released... I think the post release posts are still in the PMDG forums and they are worth the read for comparative purposes.

I hope my suggestions help you to enjoy the CRJ more, and I wish you the very best.

Archived