Problems with Airbus Bundle

Hi,

I am having problems with the aircraft when it enters cruise mode. I have set the cruise altitude and it it reaches this and holds. For no apparent reason a warning sound and the aircraft starts to quickly climb until I click on the warning. This can happen upto 5 times during the cruise. Somtimes it happens during approach and I cannot land the plane. The flight is in managed mode. I have watched loads of videos on the aircraft and how to set it up and fly it so I am very puzzled at the moment. I have only just bought this a month ago so I am assuming it is the latest version with all fixes. I am using FSX Steam Edition. Almost about to give up.

Also I have saved my simple flightplan via the FMC after making corrections. But it loads with all the faults in it that I have just corrected and saved as a corrected plan.

Kind regards James.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please provide Screenshots of your PFD, ND and FCU (png or jpg file format) from the moment you reach your TOC and also from the moment the first te the alarm starts and your bus starts climbing. 

I would guess you ran into the ALPHA FLOOR protection during take off, but the screenshots will tell. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just drag and drop them here, right below the text field you are writing your post in where it says "click to choose files". 

But please attach screenshots in the requested format only.

If it turns out to be the ALPHA FLOOR protection the step-by-step guide (part of the set of manuals the Aerosoft Airbus comes with) will tell you how to prevent it and get out of it again. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 minutes ago, Retrovanian said:

What is Alpha Floor protection?

I strongly suggest to work through the step-by-step guide that comes with the Airbus. It answers your question. Then come back if anything doesn't work.

Hi,

I have just worked through the Tutorial Flight using the co-pilot checklists and everything was set correctly. Take of was OK but when I reduced the throttles from Toga to Climb it was still showing Toga in the respective section one the PFD. The altitude was set at managed with the dot showing then off went the warning and the aircraft started Climing past the 12000 set up before take off. Whatever I did with the Altitude knobs I could not get in back to managed. It was as if the Throttles where still at togo even when I had set them to climb. I moved my throttles to Idle and then to climb. The Auto Throttle swith had turned of so I switched it on and finally the plane settled but the altitude was not being managed.

Kind regards James.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Again, we need Screenshots to be able to help you. Taking them is easy: just hit the v button on your keyboard. 

Hi,

Thanks for all your help. I seem to have sorted this problem out by following the step by step guide more rigorously. I managed a flight from Manchester to Inverness with no problems. I have FS Commander and I was wondering if you can directly export a Flight Plan from this program to the Airbus FMS.

Kind regards James.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As long as you have the latest version of FSC, you can export a flightplan in the Airbus format and then load it into the Airbus. Please consult you FSC documentation.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived