a318 enroute ! fps drop -> loss of autopilot control

Hello,

I am experiencing with the only a318 (only FSXSE, p3d34 works flawlessly) the fps huge drop in the air (as already described in other threads), so that I have to fly with autopilot disconnected, when fps goes below 10 or something (even 3!)

- I have a fairly good system, which allows running smoothly mega airports and PMDG aircrafts (i74790, gtx1080), and I've never experienced anything similar with any complex airliner

- I've already lowered gfx (autogen=normal, halved detail radius, meshes) and AI settings (10%)

yet the FSXSE a318 gets enroute flight segments with 3-5fps !

any suggestion?

any tweak on the aircraft?

[flying Simmarket's a318/319 v131, a320/321 v116]

thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

The codebase for all Airbus variants is the same for all sims. 

What is running parallel on your machine while this FPS drops happens? 

Are there any background processes you are not immediately aware of?

thanks for help...

I have always the same addons: ASN, PrecipitFX (the issue happens also without it), Ezdok, TrackIR ...plus Firefox

yet those are the same utilities I keep on when flying the same route with P3D

I've tried another time the same exact route with a319: the issue happened, yet only for a few seconds, and did not waste the flight

moreover, the issue appears only at altitude, even when looking the aircraft from under (I mean, by excluding all external features, except for the sky); under 10000' I start to get again 20-30fps (?!)

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Tozzifan said:

[flying Simmarket's a318/319 v131, a320/321 v116]

Are you running these different versions in FSX:SE?

yes, I've checked: either p3d or FSX have a318/19 1.31, a320/21 1.16

those are the latest files I have available from their service (I bought the packages separately, and installed a318/19 on top of a320/21)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Those are two different aged products. The A320/A321 you have is the old outdated "Airbus X Extended" which was replaced 3 years ago by the "Airbus A320/A321" after the initial release of the "Airbus A318/A319". 

In the theory you should be able to install them both side by side, although the recommendation is not to do so. Additionally you have the installed into two different sims on the same machine which might open the door for trouble as well. 

If you ever had an original FSX installed on your machine prior to installing FSX:SE things could become even more troublesome due to the setup behaviour if the FSX:SE installer în such a case. 

Beside the fact that the old "Airbus X Extended" is out of support I would strongly suggest to get also your A320/A321 onto the latest product. 

Afterwards you would have all Airbuses on the same version (1.31) which lowers the risk of getting anything corrupted during installation. 

I am not even sure if the "Airbus X Extended" was ever released for FSX:SE or P3D. 

My guess would be, that by installing the old product aside the new one you got some shared files accidentally corrupted. 

! ouch ! I did not even remember that a320/21 1.16 was not the current release ....

it's been quite a long time, yet IIRC the Extended installers were for FSX and p3D as well...

ok, I'll get the new ones and report my experience

Archived