Samos low performance

ca210270

Hi, I installed Samos in P3D v3.3.5, with all options at minimum in the configuration, but I get very low frames, about 20 with a default aircraft, while I am minimum at 40-50 with all the other sceneries. Are there any particular options I am not aware of? Thanks.

Hello, for the feedback we have received so far this is very unusual. Most customers said that Samos is surprisingly good at performance so

we have to figure out what's going on in your case. Could you please post your system specs and other sceneries you have installed in that area?

Such as FTX Global, Vector, GRCoastlines, UTX, etc.

HI Lars, thanks for your reply.

I don't have any other local sceneries installed in that area, the "closest" are Athens, Thessaloniki and Istanbul. I have FTX Global + Open LC Europe (no vector of any kind). Specs: i7-4970 oc 4.6 GHz, NVidia GTX 760, 8 Gb ram. "Normal" settings in Prepar3D.cfg. All other sceneries are ok, about 50 fps with the default F22. This one about 20-25, max 30 (with clear sky). It's indeed quite strange, it's the first time this happens. I see that the Samos runway is reflecting, did you use the new features coming with P3D 3.3?  Maybe this is too heavy for my configuration?

Hi and thanks for your feedback! This can't be right - I have almost the same computer and run the scenery at twice your framerate.

Could you please use the Scenery Configurator Mailer (icon top right corner) and attach you System Information and your scenery.cfg + prepar3d.cfg files 

so I can have a look? Thank you!

Just jumping in here... do you have the 4970k or the 4790k processor?  If the latter, it's nortorious for injecting problems when overclocked even by 10%.  Many report better overall performance when running stock / Turbo mode with Auto settings in the Config.  There is an interesting article HERE.

Best wishes

Archived