Offset does not work properly

Airbusheinz

Hello,

i have installed Airbus V 1.31. I want to fly an offset I need to make in the MCDU the Beginning and the End, see the screenshots - STG20  -  ABTAL
The offset does not end at Abtal it remains up to the destination airport ?

Does anyone have an explanation ?

Thanks and regards

airbusheinz

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Forgive me for not being in front of the simulator right now, but is that CDU screenshot from the Aerosoft Airbus CDU?

According to the Thales CDU manual and the Airbus FCOM FMGS guide, defining a route offset starts at the waypoint from which you invoked LAT REV to access the OFFSET function and automatically ends "at the last consecutive 'offsetable' waypoint" (e. g. the waypoint before a holding or approach fix). If you want to return the original route before such a non-offsetable waypoint is reached, you are supposed to manually delete the offset, upon which a track back to the original route is being calculated in TMPY F-PLN, which upon execution brings you back on the original route.

In your case, ABTAL seems to be perfectly offsetable, so no reason to end the offset there automatically.

Maybe some dev can comment on what is actually supposed to be implemented in the Aerosoft rendition of the CDU, but the behavior appears correct. Only that CDU screenshot of yours doesn't really match up with this ...

Archived