Airbus X - LDG INHIBIT PROBLEM [solved and closed]

itsmontyburns

Folks,

after a long flight from LOWI to LXGB, i have problems with the Airbus X and the Landing Inhibit message. After disconnecting the AP to establish final approach, i crashed cause the plane didn´t execute my controls anymore that precise to maintain a stable approach. The computer warned me several times before. In other approaches, i had the same problem, but the plane then suddenly came back to normal, precise steering few meters above the ground.

where is the problem?

Thanks for your answer

Hello itsmontyburns,

Is then when you are around 100 feet above the ground as other users have experienced this too, but a bit of practice and you will get it.

Seems the transition from auto-pilot to manual sets all elevator aileron trim back to zero meaning your planes become unstable at that time, a little pressure back on the joystick may help ease the transition.I believe this is however being looked into.

Hello itsmontyburns,

Is then when you are around 100 feet above the ground as other users have experienced this too, but a bit of practice and you will get it.

Seems the transition from auto-pilot to manual sets all elevator aileron trim back to zero meaning your planes become unstable at that time, a little pressure back on the joystick may help ease the transition.I believe this is however being looked into.

It appears as if the controls are somehow stuck... Nose up or down takes almost the whole joystick movement, it just looks as if the plane doesnt want to land...., sounds crazy, but i dont know where the problem is. Pressing "Z" on the keyboards disconnects the AP like in every other plane.

Do i then have to disconnect ALT HDG or SPD manually?

It is almost impossible to land the Airbus in heavy weather conditions with this problem...

• Aerosoft

It appears as if the controls are somehow stuck... Nose up or down takes almost the whole joystick movement, it just looks as if the plane doesnt want to land...., sounds crazy, but i dont know where the problem is. Pressing "Z" on the keyboards disconnects the AP like in every other plane.

Do i then have to disconnect ALT HDG or SPD manually?

It is almost impossible to land the Airbus in heavy weather conditions with this problem...

Note we use two AP's and not one as standard in FSX, so you will always have to check the displays to see both AP's off.

Just a note that the warning LDG INHIBIT on the lower ECAM is to inform that certain non-critical messages are not displayed during the approach and landing. It is not a warning that inhibits the plane from landing, just an inhibition of certain messages being displayed while landing... It is in the Airbus FCOM (which is 100s of pages long...) so I can understand some not knowing this...

Andrew

• Aerosoft

Look to see if both AP1 and AP2 lights on the pushbuttons on the MCP are extinguished maybe?

Andrew

Yes, contrary to other Airbus lights, with the AP lights out means the system is NOT active and running in automatic mode. The 'dark' cockpit concept (where a running system is indicated by no light) seems to have it limits.

Yes, contrary to other Airbus lights, with the AP lights out means the system is NOT active and running in automatic mode. The 'dark' cockpit concept (where a running system is indicated by no light) seems to have it limits.

Gentlemen,

it is still not working. Did the Cuzco Approach with the Mission from Aerosoft, loaded the Airbus X, hardly made it over the fence with some bank angles just because my joystick inputs are executed slow with a delay, right over the fence, the system comes back to normal and allowed a landing...

I am not a beginner with Airbus and steep approaches, but this one is hard to knock off....the AP 1 and AP 2 lights are OFF, SPD, HDG, ALT knobs are pulled in order to have manual input. WHERE IS THE PROBLEM?

The problem is the fly-by-wire system, at the moment the only solution is to disable it on the overhead or comment out Fly_by_wire=1 in the aircraft.cfg