" Set baro reference captain" not solved

bobsk8

I thought I had this problem solved when doing a flight, and the transition altitude is not climbed above, producing a continued "Set Baro reference captain" announcement every 8 seconds or so after landing, but apparently not. Hitting the "b" key once the announcement starts after landing does not stop the announcement. It continues until the pilot checklist is turned off. If the pilot's checklist is switched on again, the announcements restarts and continues until the flight is  exited.  This happens with both the A320 and A321 and I am guessing the 318 and 319 as well, although I have not tried those two aircraft yet. 

This can be easily duplicated, so it should be easy for someone at Aerosoft to set this up and find out what is wrong.  Set a flight in the US with a transition altitude of 18,000 feet. Load a flight plan using the pilot and co pilot checklists,  with an altitude less than 18,000, say 15,000 and fly it and don't climb about the transition altitude. Everything will work normally until you land. After rolling off the runway, and the after landing checklist starts, the continued "Set baro reference captain" announcement will start repeating as the after landing checklist is read.  I would imagine that this would also apply with lower transition altitudes, but I have not tried that.   

Have you checked that you've entered the baro reference on the approach page on the MCDU? I missed this out once and the "Set baro reference captain" kept repeating for me as well.

Have you checked that you've entered the baro reference on the approach page on the MCDU? I missed this out once and the "Set baro reference captain" kept repeating for me as well.

No I have not checked that, but I never set that on the approach page, and have not got this issue until I conducted a below Transition altitude flight. I will fly it again and set it on approach page and report the outcome. 

Just flew the same flight again, and this time I placed the baro reference in the approach page and the exact same thing happened, after pulling off the runway, the set baro reference captain message started playing. This should really be easy for anyone to check for themselves, just fly below the transition altitude in your flight plan, land, pull of the runway and the message will start repeating until you exit the program. . 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why you guys did not use the search function before opening a new thread. Please look into the "pinned items" at the top of the MCDU RIGHT page and you will find as no. 3 this problem stated. It is a known issue and already on our bug list. Will be solved with SP4.......

Regards,

Rolf

Archived