Hi,

I've bought myself an Alienware X51 PC and hoped, that it could run FSX quite smoothly.

At first I've had some "Out Of Memory" failure messages but after a few tweaks in the scenery cfg I've solved that problem.

However I can't seem to find the optimal settings to run FSX as smooth as in some youtube videos.

I always fly with the newest aerosoft A320, sometimes PMDG 777 or 737, GEX, REX, US Cities X, sometimes ORBX England or Australia, WoAI and of course Mega Airports or FSDT Airports (mostly the US ones).

I wouldn't mind if my textures won't look as good as they look now, as long as someone could tell me what I have to do, to get Framerates in the upper 40s or something like that. I think my System would be able to handle that....

My Specifications are:

Alienware X51

Intel Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3,60 Ghz

RAM 16 GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Ti OEM

Thanks for your help

Chris

• Aerosoft

There simply is not something as 'optimal' settings. It all depends on how you use your sim.

Yesterday I was at a friends house who also complained about low fps. Looking at his setting I found that he had mesh and AutoGen at max. Now as he flies big stuff most of the time that makes little or no sense for 95% of the flight. When he is over 5000 feet you don't see it and when you are on the airport you hardly notice it as well. Only during landing you see this stuff. And at that time you need the most FPS!

Archived