Strange 'Beeping' with Seahawk!

robdob

Hello robdob,

Dont repurchase it as this more than likely wont solve the issue. But this sound is coming from the speaker and not the soundcard speakers, and you cant pinpoint it to anything regular in your flight, say when you press a switch or speeds.

Have you got the latest soundcard drivers for your card etc.

• 3 years later...

After a test flight I am pretty sure that this beeping is linked to the radar altitude. I get the beep when I pass the preselected radar altitude after take-off and before landing during descent.

post-18832-049953700 1290678148_thumb.jp

Select the radar altitude on the AFCS Control Panel

post-18832-039784200 1290678441_thumb.jp

The preselected radar altitude will be indicated in the PFD

post-18832-078594400 1290678533_thumb.jp

Whenever passing the selected radar altitude a yellow ring will appear in the Radar Altimeter and you will hear the 'beep' synchronously

My guess is when you accidentally fly pretty close to the preselected radar altitude you might hear the 'beep' very often as you might pass the radar altitude quite frequently.

After all I would like to ask aerosoft for an upgrade of the soundfile for this lovely chopper. The sound cfg file obviously doesn' t use available sounds. For instance 'as_sh60jw2' would increase the value of this model, when it would be audible in the outside views.

Marketing such an upgrade might accelerate the sales of this product ...

Development on this is done and dusted. It's been in the market for a considerable time, so the possibility of revisions and additions at this point is extremely unlikely, I'd say.

Hotel Fox,

Appreciate the comeback, but alas, the radar altimeter is not my issue. I know of the in-game beep that is caused when you fly this helicopter through the preset radar altitude. No. This is much much louder and is external to the game. I can have the in-game sound turned completly off and for no repeatable reason this loud sharp squeal will emit from my computer sound system. Only happens when flying the Aerosoft SH-60. I have tried over a hundred other aircraft and this does not happen with them.

Development on this is done and dusted. It's been in the market for a considerable time, so the possibility of revisions and additions at this point is extremely unlikely, I'd say.

No need to tell me. I am well aware of the obvious. My goal is to at least try to motivate aerosoft reconsidering their policy.

And aerosoft wouldn’ t be the first and only company to change and, viewed in that light, show a certain flexibility regarding this single issue.

Never would I try to ask for such a change if the product wouldn’ t be on the shelves any longer. But it is! Thus – to a certain extend - it still represents aerosoft’ s approach to the quality level offered to the customer, I think.

I do not ask to redesign the product in toto – no, I just ask to rewrite the sound cfg file so that it makes use of the options given in FSX (and some files which are available with the package anyhow).

Truly I’ m not aerosoft’ s best customer but I am a customer – and I am very happy with the product I have bought. But it simply would make me even happier if aerosoft followed my idea – and I’m sure that many owners of this product will agree (more than 4.500 views for this thread up to now!).

No question that I will accept if aerosoft will stick to say: No. No question that I will remain a customer.