Airbus Fuel planner vs PFPX

ldee247

Hi, can someone help me regards figures in PFPX and Airbus fuel planner they don't seem to match.I made a flight plan with PFPX, put the correct ZWF 53371 and did the same for the fuel planner. PFPX gave me 4857kg of fuel whereas Airbus fuel planner gave me 7261kg, am I missing some steps and how best can i workaround this?

Is there a guided step by step how to config Airbus fuel planner suppose I want to tweak the Advanced parameters:

Wind Speed

Wind direction

Total Air Temprature

Thank you

Regards

Lloyd

post-100881-0-42374000-1430680049_thumb.

post-100881-0-67269700-1430680060_thumb.

post-100881-0-11791200-1430680077_thumb.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As far as I see it you don't have any pax and cargo planned in PFPX. So that's the reason for the difference.

And for the weather numbers: try to get them from the same weather source you use in your sim. As far as I know they are the mean values you have during cruise.

But be aware, that PFPX can of course plan your fuel much better than the AS fuel planner, as it knows the route and the weather en-route.

• Deputy Sheriffs

True, sorry, didn't checked that.

The AS Fuel Planner plans for your trip one more ton of fuel than PFPX. I would think this difference is explained by the cruise wind conditions.

What about the wind information you entered into the AS fuel planner? Where have you taken them from?

Hi Tom, thanks for the response I really appreciate I think its starting to make some sense now. I have always been puzzled with the discrepancies between PFPX and AS planner sometimes when I load the fuel using AS planner, generate load sheet I forgot to change fuel quantity and ended up landing with excessive fuel, until such a time I said let me ask.

Regards the wind information I didn't input anything since I wasn't sure what to put in there, if you can assist or have an idead on that note that would be great from which part of PFPX I can get the:

Wind Speed,Wind direction and Total Air Temperature,cheers.

Best regards

Lloyd

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't know for sure but I would expect the wind fields in the fuel planner takes the mean value for the entire cruise.

PFPX provides wind information for every way point between TOC and TOD in the OFP. But you would have to calculate the mean value for yourself.

But why do you want to have the numbers in the fuel manager being 100% correct? Just use PFPX for everything (pax, cargo, etc) and then just transfer the numbers (zfw, fuel) from there into the fuel manager to get your load sheet created. Or don't use the fuel planner at all and enter the numbers (pax, cargo, fuel) directly into the right MCDU (that's how I usually do it).

Archived