Now my Katana makes FSX crash

jfri

I have started to experience FSX crashes as soon as I select the Katana 4X plane. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the plane but that didn't help this time. At a previous event where this problem arised a reinstall solved the problem. I get a message that FSX has stopped to work. In the Windows log I see two entry saying FSX fault and unknown module and event id 1000 then an event id 33 and this message

'Activation context generation failed for "D:\FSX\GAUGES\rxpGNS.DLL". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect ,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61259.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.'

I have the RXP 530 WAAS but not the 430. I use Win 7 x64.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The message you posted above points to a problem with the RXP gauge and simconnect. Maybe the installation got somehow broken. So I suggest to contact the support for the RXP gauge.

The message you posted above points to a problem with the RXP gauge and simconnect. Maybe the installation got somehow broken. So I suggest to contact the support for the RXP gauge.

But the problem arose long after I installed the RXP 530 WAAS

Then remember what you have changed in the past.

I have done nothing with Reality XP. I only remember running the A2A updater. I agree that the RXP is propably the cause of the crash. What if I should uninstall RXP 530 WAAS ?

Or could that create other problems ?

Archived