User ACFT STATES

munga

Aerosoft,

This is killing me in P3D..... Why was this feature ever taken away from SP3??...it makes no sense to me.

Now, I have to set up my Airbus twice, just to get my Airbus configured to my departing Airport. example below

1/ load up my Favourite saved Airbus (saved to the configuration i like yo have) ...{P3D start-up screen option)..I have to wait until the terrain data finishes to load {takes about 40 seconds} after selecting this.

then

1/ I go the menu tabs to make changes to an airport I wish to depart from including changing the time. Once this is done I have to wait until the terrain data finishes to load which is another 40 seconds

PLEASE BRING BACK THE AIRCRAFT STATE PANEL BACK.....I beg you Aerosoft

:mecry_s::mecry_s::mecry_s::mecry_s::mecry_s::mecry_s::mecry_s::mecry_s::mecry_s::mecry_s::mecry_s::mecry_s:

munga

It was removed because the panel is now automatically saved when you save a flight.

So the feature is still in, it's just handelled in a different way.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Munga,

first the user panel state function was really buggy especially when used in flight (please browse the forum and you will find a lot of entries)....... You had to load the flight and as well the panel state e. g. you had to do two things. You are writing that you use P3D (as me) and therefore I do not understand your procedure. You can load a saved flight with all options directly from the P3D startup screen or configure it e.g. select the plane like the specific A319, location etc. and then start P3D. If then the DEFAULT ACFT STATE is not correct just change it....... So there is no need to load the terrain twice.

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Munga,

first the user panel state function was really buggy especially when used in flight (please browse the forum and you will find a lot of entries)....... You had to load the flight and as well the panel state e. g. you had to do two things. You are writing that you use P3D (as me) and therefore I do not understand your procedure. You can load a saved flight with all options directly from the P3D startup screen or configure it e.g. select the plane like the specific A319, location etc. and then start P3D. If then the DEFAULT ACFT STATE is not correct just change it....... So there is no need to load the terrain twice.

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

I have tried doing this, as per your instructions and manual provided....The issue is that airbus doesn't save the panel state i wish to have setup before flight.When I try the following happens..eg....BARO Setting changes, the engines are still running, my ND display is in ILS mode and etc..etc ....hence when I load my saved file from the start up screen, all is well.

Basically its a two step process for me at current .....

1/ loading the saved airbus the way I like it, via the {favorite list}... {P3D is loading to the Airbus and airport I had saved with the panel state I prefer to start with} 40 seconds load up time {terrain loading}

Then

2/ I have to select an airport I wish to depart from via the menu list, so when I do move to another airport of my choice, my panel state is still same .....hence i have to wait another 40 seconds for terrain loading

In Service Pack 2.......load any airbus and select airport in the menu then select aircraft state from MCDU 2 and your done...it was so easy!!!!

munga

• Deputy Sheriffs

Munga,

sorry I do not get your point. You are stating that the Airbus doesn't save the panelstate. This is wrong: With SP3 this function works well even in the air and at any situation and plane. Using the P3D save function the complete flight including airbus, panel state and MCDU content is saved and can be loaded. If this function does not work on your system then we have a different problem.

I think you do not know how to setup P3D properly. When my P3D starts I get the following screen:

post-30406-0-84605200-1430376373_thumb.j

And now I can select the plane as well as the location. Plane and location is only loaded once. After loading I only have to select the ACFT STATE and I am done......If a DEF ACFT STATE is set even that one is loaded.

Or the other way: I use this screen to load a previously saved flight (plane, location and panelstate)

Regards,

Rolf

Munga,

sorry I do not get your point. You are stating that the Airbus doesn't save the panelstate. This is wrong: With SP3 this function works well even in the air and at any situation and plane. Using the P3D save function the complete flight including airbus, panel state and MCDU content is saved and can be loaded. If this function does not work on your system then we have a different problem.

When my P3D starts I get the following screen:

attachicon.gifP3D Start.jpg

And now I can select the plane as well as the location. Plane and location is only loaded once. Then I have to select the ACFT STATE and I am done......

Or the other way: I use this screen to load a previously saved flight (plane, location and panelstate)

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

Yes I agree with you ....thats what I get at startup .....but for may panel state to work i have to use the load function button which is on bottom left corner on your screenshot and load a file which I call it A320 panel ..otherwise my panel doesn't load the settings in the way your showing me....

I wonder if I can can show you by producing a video file and sending it to you????

munga

• Deputy Sheriffs

Munga,

OK now I understand it seems that you are doing it right. But you were previously writing that the save/load function does not work properly - it seems that this is not the case. But what kind of panelstate you are using or what are the differences to the current 4 existing ones? Maybe I can help to find the right way.

The "old" function you are requiring never worked perfect e. g. in the aircraft state settings were a lot of bugs. See the following workaround at that time:

• Set your thrust lever into the right position when loading the flight (like it has been when saving the flight)
  • Set your checklist and copilot function to ON again
  • Set GEAR UP, PARKING BRAKES to OFF and disarm the SPOILERS - bug
  • Enter into the MCDU on the INIT A page your FL again and push the FCU ALT knob again - bug
  • Enter into the MCDU PERF APPR page the TRANS ALT as well as the BARO or RADIO decision altitude again – bug

And when we started to solve all those problems for SP3 we found out that there were much more bugs than the ones mentioned above. But most of those bug were related to a state “in the air” and not still “on the ground”.

To separate those functions again would mean a lot of work and for most users this would be a disadvantage. The only option I see (if we make the old functions available again) is that the user creates a separate aircraft state alone (like in “old” version) and that he is able to additionally load this on top of the current loaded flight. But this would mean also a lot of additional work because we have to separate the for that function needed data again. And this is not on our priority list until closing the project. So you have to live with it.

Regards,

Rolf

Munga,

OK now I understand it seems that you are doing it right. But you were previously writing that the save/load function does not work properly - it seems that this is not the case. But what kind of panelstate you are using or what are the differences to the current 4 existing ones? Maybe I can help to find the right way.

The "old" function you are requiring never worked perfect e. g. in the aircraft state settings were a lot of bugs. See the following workaround at that time:

• Set your thrust lever into the right position when loading the flight (like it has been when saving the flight)
  • Set your checklist and copilot function to ON again
  • Set GEAR UP, PARKING BRAKES to OFF and disarm the SPOILERS - bug
  • Enter into the MCDU on the INIT A page your FL again and push the FCU ALT knob again - bug
  • Enter into the MCDU PERF APPR page the TRANS ALT as well as the BARO or RADIO decision altitude again – bug

And when we started to solve all those problems for SP3 we found out that there were much more bugs than the ones mentioned above. But most of those bug were related to a state “in the air” and not still “on the ground”.

To separate those functions again would mean a lot of work and for most users this would be a disadvantage. The only option I see (if we make the old functions available again) is that the user creates a separate aircraft state alone (like in “old” version) and that he is able to additionally load this on top of the current loaded flight. But this would mean also a lot of additional work because we have to separate the for that function needed data again. And this is not on our priority list until closing the project. So you have to live with it.

Regards,

Rolf

Rolf,

I understand the outcome as per your last forum. Until then, I have returned to service pack 2 for the time being. I thankyou for your time and patients in regards to the matter.

munga

• Deputy Sheriffs

Munga,

why you do not tell me the differences of your "User State" to the existing ones? I do not recommend to use SP2 because there are also a lot of bugs in it.

Regards,

Rolf

Rolf,

my state panel consist of the following....

1/..apu on { not ground power}

2/..engines off

3/..wing lights on

4/..tcas .. 2200

5/..coms 122.80

6/..baro QNH .. 1013

7/.. weather radar is set in position when on the ground

8/.. panel view set on the top right of my screen

i think thats about it

munga

• Deputy Sheriffs

Rolf,

my state panel consist of the following....

1/..apu on { not ground power}

2/..engines off

3/..wing lights on

4/..tcas .. 2200

5/..coms 122.80

6/..baro QNH .. 1013

7/.. weather radar is set in position when on the ground

8/.. panel view set on the top right of my screen

i think thats about it

munga

Hi Munga,

so I tried to help you in some ways e. g. I modified the default TURN AROUND state according to your request. Please find the new file attached. Unzip it and copy it to C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus and overwrite the existing file (maybe make a copy beforehand).

Some remarks:

• APU is automatically running up - to be AVAIL needs some time
  • With TCAS I think you mean the XPonder and not the TCAS settings
  • WXR is always only switched on during TAXI - not to harm any people around
  • Panel view you can set in the right MCDU and automtically will be loaded according to settings

But this is all I can do for you. Please no other additional requests because I have other priorities......

Regards,

Rolf

Custom2.zip

Hi Munga,

so I tried to help you in some ways e. g. I modified the default TURN AROUND state according to your request. Please find the new file attached. Unzip it and copy it to C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus and overwrite the existing file (maybe make a copy beforehand).

Some remarks:

• APU is automatically running up - to be AVAIL needs some time
  • With TCAS I think you mean the XPonder and not the TCAS settings
  • WXR is always only switched on during TAXI - not to harm any people around
  • Panel view you can set in the right MCDU and automtically will be loaded according to settings

But this is all I can do for you. Please no other additional requests because I have other priorities......

Regards,

Rolf

Rolf,

thankyou so much...I will give it a try tonight ...

munga

Rolf,

thankyou so much...I will give it a try tonight ...

munga

Rolf,

I have load the file as you provided me and I must say its looking good....however, what are my chances, if you can get rid of the open doors and ground wheels blocks & Cones. Now that would be SUPER !!!

munga

• Deputy Sheriffs

Munga,

cones and wheelchocks removed but I cannot handle the doors in that file because this is a basic FS-function and handled in a different file ......

But let me say this state is "weird" and has nothing to do with reality......

Rolf

Custom2.zip

Munga,

cones and wheelchocks removed but I cannot handle the doors in that file because this is a basic FS-function and handled in a different file ......

But let me say this state is "weird" and has nothing to do with reality......

Rolf

Rolf,

Maybe a lot of people think its wierd...But I love it !!!!! thks heaps

munga

Archived