FPS suddenly drops

Erikk

Hi,

I have a strange problem with my FPS. Normally with the following add-ons: PMDG NGX or 777, Mega airport Amsterdam, REX, Active sky Next, I always have 25+ FPS. However, when I am using the Airbus series, I will get a fps drop, which I can't explain. Most of the time I have good FPS with the AX as well. Like ~30 FPS, depending on the airport where I am. But, sometimes it drops to 7-15 FPS in cockpit. And I am sure this hasn't something to do with my settings or computer specifications. Because normally I have a stable FS and FPS. I think it has something to do with Active sky and the AX because, when I close ASN, my FPS will raise at the same position to 40 FPS. This cannot be caused by settings that are set to high in Active Sky Next, because I do not have this problem with other add-ons like NGX or 777.

Also, sometimes when I change my panel state to cold and dark and start it up again, I won't experience any issues. So I think it should be a problem with the software.

I am using an I5 2500K 4.5 Ghz.

Is this a well know issue?

Well, I found out that it is caused by the WX radar. I read the topic about the options to turn background scanning off. I added WXBackgroundScan=0 to that file and that has solved the problem. So when I am not using the radar, everything is fine. However, when I turn back on the radar, it's unflyable. Is there also a fix for this? When I flew today, there were no problems when using the wx radar, so it isn't always a problem.

Try turning ASN repeated cloud pattern fix off or something similar, they affect the WXR performance.

Additionally, there are several performance optimizations done to the weather radar in SP3.

Archived