FSX Mega Airport pricing in the US

AA777-200ER

Out of interest, I had a quick look at the US interface: 2 Questions, one to Darryl and one to Aerosoft... EDDF Mega Airport is listed as $24.99 for the boxed edition and $27.37 for the download... Where did you see $34.99 Darryl?

And now onto my other question: Why is the download version more expensive than the boxed CD? Totally illogical that the download is more expensive, since 1) no CD 2) no printed manual/charts 3) no expensive packaging and shrink wrap necessary for the download version...

I would be very interested to hear the answer to question 2...

Andrew

Here: http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/ibosh...w480,4394677550

Out of interest, I had a quick look at the US interface: 2 Questions, one to Darryl and one to Aerosoft... EDDF Mega Airport is listed as $24.99 for the boxed edition and $27.37 for the download... Where did you see $34.99 Darryl?

And now onto my other question: Why is the download version more expensive than the boxed CD? Totally illogical that the download is more expensive, since 1) no CD 2) no printed manual/charts 3) no expensive packaging and shrink wrap necessary for the download version...

Andrew

Thanks Darryl,

I'm not an FSX user, so I didn't even look at that page... :oops:

I think that is something we will be seeing a LOT more of, price increases for new versions for FSX...

I agree though. I don't understand why there is an increase here. Understood, the FS9 version will not work in FSX, but why the consumer gets charged an extra $10 or whatever currency for it? Hmm...

I'll be watching "this space" concerning developments in the pricing strategy. Let's face it, FS is a niche market compared to some of the games out there.

Thanks for the reply and the link... sorry for realising that there is a sim beyond FS2004 these days... :roll: :lol::lol::lol:

Andrew

• Aerosoft
Thanks Darryl,

I'm not an FSX user, so I didn't even look at that page... :oops:

I think that is something we will be seeing a LOT more of, price increases for new versions for FSX...

I agree though. I don't understand why there is an increase here. Understood, the FS9 version will not work in FSX, but why the consumer gets charged an extra $10 or whatever currency for it? Hmm...

I'll be watching "this space" concerning developments in the pricing strategy. Let's face it, FS is a niche market compared to some of the games out there.

Thanks for the reply and the link... sorry for realising that there is a sim beyond FS2004 these days... :roll: :lol::lol::lol:

Andrew

I see your issues guys and will look into it.

But there are two issues you got to keep in mind, first off all we have discounted a lot of FS2004 stuff because of the low market demand (understandable of course) so comparing CURRENT fs2004 prices to future FSX prices might not be the best way. Secondly, there are a lot of products in our line up where we only have limited control overe the price. But I am the first to say that that should not be a concern of the customer.

Let me ask around for this one and get back on it.

• Aerosoft

Andrew

I agree, the answer is complex, very complex. A big part is tax and shipping. of course, but we do have an issue there we got to solve.

H Mathijs,

thanks for your reply, but I have to say that I am not comparing current fs2004 prices with fsx pricing. In general, there has been an upward trend in FS2004 addon prices, given the ever increasing demand of the user and the necessary skill of the programmer to include once unheard of functionality with fluidity of simulation...

I can also understand the new learning curve to some extent to incorporate new technologies associated with the latest FS version. But I don't see why the customer has to pay so much more for this. But my issue lies elsewhere. Let me elaborate:

Take a product like Mega Airport Frankfurt, originally part of GA2, and taken out because of the project size no doubt. An understandable move, and, looking at the reviews received, a well rounded result. At release, I believe it cost around €25 in Europe, the price it still is today, for FS2004. In the States, Aerosoft lists the FS2004 version at $24.99 (CD/Boxed) and $27.34 for the download (price probably based on fluctuating €/$ exchange rates?).

Now, the FSX version of MAF may be pre-ordered (CD/Boxed) in Europe for €25.99, an increase of €1, fully justifiable, given the repackaging required for FSX.

However, the pre-order price for the US market is $34.99 (CD/Boxed) for the FSX version, a whopping $10 or 40% increase on the original... How can that be justified? Please allow me to add that I am a British citizen, living presently in Germany... It was through the original post that I became aware of this issue...

I understand that Aerosoft is only the distributor in many cases. But, being the distributor, Aerosoft is going to have to bear the brunt of comments and complaints... it is all part of the business...

My point is clear: Why is there such a huge difference between the American and European site's pricing?

Thanks for listening/reading...

Andrew

• Aerosoft
H Mathijs,

My point is clear: Why is there such a huge difference between the American and European site's pricing?

Thanks for listening/reading...

Andrew

I will write a longer message on that later. First I want to make sure I got the facts right, as I said it is a very complex problem. Bug me if I do not manage to get something online in a week. Your question is valid and Aerosoft (me) will have to come up with some explanation that makes sense to you (the customer). You know us as being pretty open to customers even if the message is not commercially the most easy to sell.